Request Archimedes ships and galactic craft in ftb infinity.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

coolsnake1134

Jul 29, 2019
can we have archimedes ships and galactic craft added to ftb infinity modpack by an official update to the pack. i run a server where me and other people who play on it want those mods in the pack.

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
I like those mods also, how many people would be needed to get a new mod in a pack that has been out for a while though? :/

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I've heard GalactiCraft is rather unpopular with modpack authors. It appears to cause a few problems.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
First off, I don't think the Pack Developers really care about you and your server on an individual level. I understand that Infinity may be a kitchen sink pack, but that doesn't mean they will add every mod that they can.

Second, just add them yourselves.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
From the key-taps of former/retired/retiring? moderator Vauthil in another thread like this:
The reason threads like this get locked is because they don't serve a purpose and just serve to agitate well-meaning people. By the time a pack is publicly announced the mod lists are pretty well nailed down; basically, unless a pack author/coordinator is specifically requesting suggestions for additions, it's not going to happen.

The reasons are manifold:
  • A lot of work goes into these packs pre-release that can get thrown out of whack by arbitrary last second additions. The pack development process isn't "throw together a list of mods and slap a name on it", and decisions on the list have already been made with criteria in mind.
  • If they add what you want, why won't they add what player X and player Y and player Z want? Where does it end? At that point Infinity becomes a description of the system requirements of the pack, if all these suggestions were taken.
  • On the subject of LPs and the like, it can be seriously disruptive to just throw in mods willy-nilly in the midst of a world like that. Changes to the mod list tend to reflect either minor tweaks or the addition of awaited content (e.g. Thermal Dynamics wasn't out at the initial release, but it has always been intended to be included so when it was released it was added).
  • On the subject of Ars Magica 2 itself, that mod represents about the most problematic kind of mod to add to a pack in progress that there is. It has content across the spectrum and all kinds of places for interaction to go awry. Remember, folks, when you add a mod to a pack, it isn't just about what it brings, but what it does to the rest of the mods already in the pack. The larger the pack, the more exponential the amount of cross-checking gets. Even more so when you have a content-spanning mod like Ars that touches on pretty much every system in Minecraft with something.
With that all said (and that's not even all to say, but at this point it's more than enough), there's no room to go back-and-forth on this, because unless the people in charge of the pack want something, it isn't getting in there, and we don't encourage badgering for content by humoring these threads because, as mentioned, they never end well. The pack team reads the forums and, who knows, maybe the stars align and they do decide to make the addition; however, more threads like this aren't going to be the determining factor on that.

And so, we're now locked.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/request-for-infinity-pack.70719/#post-1003443
I think he phrased it quite well why these constantly cropping up requests for adding X and Y mods are simply not going to be taken into account, no matter how many people you might think you can get behind the idea.

Reactions: Psychicash

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Officially retired when the new mods are announced IIRC.
Yeah, but wasn't sure how far in the process was. Here I was, living under a rock and not noticing that the applications had started and finished already :p Glad to see you applied mate ;)
And probably grats on the new title! :p

Reactions: Padfoote