Aquaeous Accumulator and Combustion Engines

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend reading up about how the pipes/conduits/gates/engines work first. Implementing something based on sketchy instructions from a forum without understanding how the components work is the easiest way to a hole in your base.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend reading up about how the pipes/conduits/gates/engines work first. Implementing something based on sketchy instructions from a forum without understanding how the components work is the easiest way to a hole in your base.
Snap, I feel hurt :D.

World download here(Mindcrack 8.0.1):
Make sure you replicate everything perfectly, if you decide to replicate, there's rs wires goin' across the AAs and if you don't switch them to ignore rs signal, then that setup will explode.

Attachments

• combustion.zip
    763.2 KB · Views: 65

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand how you can be having problems.

I have one AA feeding my entire base without problems. I even put a tank below I can whack with a bucket if I ever need a water bucket.

2013-02-10_11.40.32.png

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
How much engines do you have?

I can confirm that 1 accumulator can cool at least 3 combustion engines. I use liquiducts but golden waterproof pipes should work as well. But I already had engines blowing up because stone pipes couldn't distribute the water fast enough.

@OP:
For the energy overflow you could use a redstone energy cell with a bc gate next to it, that switches the engines on when the cell is empty or off when it's full. How exactly you do this depends on how much energy you produce vs. how much energy gets used, and if it gets used constantly or not.
I have the following setup: The (simple) gate is set to "give redstone signal when no energy", this redstone signal goes into a pulse former, that activates a state cell, which then powers my engines for the designated amount of time.
Actually, I used to use this setup on the earliest version of Mindcrack, maybe even on the Beta pack. Probably something changed by then, but now steam made BC engine pretty obsolete.

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to confirm that 1 AA with golden pipes will supply enough water for my 4 combustion engines running on fuel (fueled engines require more water than oil running).

2013-02-10_144403.png

Always use golden waterproof or liquiducts for your water cooling.. They're the only 2 that can provide the bandwidth needed.

Nakamura2828

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem for two reasons:

First, I had been using a pump with waterproof BC pipes, and the infinite water source would somehow sometimes go dry. Using an aqueous accumulator with liquiducts fixed that (so if you had been using waterproof pipes, see if liquiducts help, they also don't need powered which is a plus).

Second, I had been using golden conductive pipes to power the refineries, as mentioned above, if they have nothing drawing their power, they will fill past capacity and explode. This would happen if my refineries got ahead of the oil being pumped, and shut off, or if my output tank filled up and they had no way to push out more fuel. Switching to redstone conduits solved that problem quite nicely without need for gates or anything like that.