Applied energistics

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
10/10 A++ mod, totally would recommend to friends.
It's basically everything I could want from a mod. Storage, autocrafting, all within an awesome and superscientific shell! Now if only we could make one in real life...

Reactions: Creeper Be Creepin

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
10/10 A++ mod, totally would recommend to friends.
It's basically everything I could want from a mod. Storage, autocrafting, all within an awesome and superscientific shell! Now if only we could make one in real life...
Ya and its dire wolfs season 4 auto crafting system in a 4x4x4 multiblock! Beautiful mod all together.

Kaminho

Jul 29, 2019
yea its cool mod, but for me still logistics pipes are more fun to watch like items flowing trough the pipes and suff, u cant see that in AE. But still AE its very nice mod, top tier for sure!

Reactions: ApSciLiara

ManaaniWanderer

Jul 29, 2019
Once its updated into Direwolf20's mod pack I'll definitely be replacing my current storage and sorting system with this.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
yea its cool mod, but for me still logistics pipes are more fun to watch like items flowing trough the pipes and suff, u cant see that in AE. But still AE its very nice mod, top tier for sure!
You know it's said on the wiki that the mod doesn't replace other mods and it's clearly states that it's excellent for Logistic Pipes. I bet if you use this mod correctly it can probably be better for servers too to keep lag done but idk as I never used it so don't quote me on that.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait to try this one out. Here's hoping Direwolf adds it to his modpack as that is the one I prefer to play with right now.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Very cool. I shudder to think of what it does to game balance, though...I think the power requirements might be more balanced if they were ~10x their current value.

Pro tip for others: you can use the threshold-detector-whatever-it's-called (the one that emits a RS signal when there's a certain number of an item in your network) in conjunction with dark cables to shut off your mass-storage systems when they're full. For example, you fill up a datacard with cobblestone, and when it's full you send a RS signal to shut off that storage device to save power. the same for any massive-storage items you would have (dirt, gravel). then, when your system becomes significantly low, you can re-power the storage to have access to it again.

Mortaneus

Jul 29, 2019
Just discovered an awesome way to regulate the amount of an item in your network (such as cobble).

As far as I can tell, you can't output directly to a void pipe. However, an Export BUS can output to an item tesseract.

Simply hook up a tesseract with a void pipe, shove it into a corner somewhere, and use Level Emitters to control export bus's connected to another item tesseract pointed at the voiding tesseract.

Voila, automatic voiding past a threshold, with no wooden pipes or relays.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just salivating at the prospect of a 20x8 wall of disk drives instead of a room full of chest and/or barrels.

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having problems getting AE to synch with my LP system. What block do I need to hook a provider pipe up to to pull items out of the AE network? It's not the chest, drive or access terminals... has anyone tried with a crafting terminal? I'm guessing that it could pull items sitting in an export bus, but that limits the glory of the remote request module to the degree that an ender chest would work as well.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
this could be a new must have as a mod. the neatest part is (in my opinion) that it interacts very well with other mods. since I play around with GT in mindcrack, I would like to see some sort of preference system. like for example glass fiber cables can be crafted through various recipes, but the best one is the one that yields 8 cables and the worst is the basic original one that yields 4. same thing with mixed metal ingots, with it's tons of metal combinations with different yields (and which could easily consume every piece of tungsten, if configured wrongly).

the best part is, that it automatically removes the annoying part of GT. I demand something from the system and the system does it for me, even if the crafting recipe requires 9 other high tier machines which require a ton of circuits and so on... sounds good to me.

EDIT: they should work on some security feature like player-ID allowed to access it. else someone could enter a base with a bunch of disks, set up one of those disk transfer blocks (from the 2nd video close to the end) and suck out every single item of value stored inside of the network.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: they should work on some security feature like player-ID allowed to access it. else someone could enter a base with a bunch of disks, set up one of those disk transfer blocks (from the 2nd video close to the end) and suck out every single item of value stored inside of the network.

In my current base you could plop down an ender chest linked to your sorting system and manually or with a retriever put everything into that enderchest too. It will only make it slightly faster to do because storage is so compact.