Applied Energistics using Assembly Table

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

drago87

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to do a setup where i build serten things with the Assembly Table by using a Assembler Pattern but i just cant get it to work.

I have the system hoked up to a Industrial Grinder and that woks (The pattern is in the ME interface tutching the Industrial Grinder) and that works.

I tried putting the interface on the bottom of the Assembly Table but no luck. is it possible to do this setup or do you have a better setup?

(I tried using the Assembly Table normaly and it works)

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
Top of the assembky table. You need to select tbe recipes you want first, ae doesnr have access to that interface. Other than that, you just need to place the recipe in the interface and chest on the bottom connected to an import bus.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Just place an interface underneath (or adjacent, or on top of) the assembly table, and it will provide the materials and take the output. No need for any additional buses or chests. You will need to tell the assembly table to actually craft the processors, though. Just request a processor via autocrafting - that should tell the interface to feed the materials to the table. Then open up the assembly table's GUI and left click on the processor icon to the right. That should start the process, provided you have nearby lasers and sufficient power.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Unleashed: Got a Fuzzy Import bus under the table and it sucks out the input mats before I'm able to tell the table what I want crafted. Does this imply a chest adjacent to the table is necessary and Coda's post should be disregarded as misinformation?

Mysteana

Jul 29, 2019
I'd recommend getting a better understanding how inventories and assembly tables work before throwing out claims of misinformation.

Assembly tables have an internal inventory and eject items out into the world, adjacent inventories or pipes when they are completed. If you stick a fuzzy import bus on an inventory, what do you think will happen? That's why CodaPDX recommended using ME Interfaces since they can place items into the Assembly Table's inventory, and present itself as a destination inventory for when the items are complete.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How come the wiki doesn't focus on stuff like this? Some pages have an "automation" section where the input faces and output faces are definied/explained... but other machines don't have that on their wiki page.

The industrial blast furnace, for instance, I can easily make "one dust -> one ingot" recipes but when I tried to make a blank pattern for auto-crafting hot tungstensteel ingots, it doesn't work. It puts the steel ingot into the top input slot, but the tungsten ingot doesn't show up in the bottom input slot so nothing gets crafted.

I guess it wouldn't be minecraft/ftb if there wasn't constant confusion. I guess some people like it that way, where they have to figure everything out the hard way, on their own. I prefer to have a place where I can find such info if I want to "cheat" and go look it up (i.e. the easy way).

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
normally i setup 3 assembly tables each with their own interface and set recipes to prevent incorrect recipes being made. although with AE now letting you use tools in recipes you don't need the 3rd for me processors anymore.

Mysteana

Jul 29, 2019
normally i setup 3 assembly tables each with their own interface and set recipes to prevent incorrect recipes being made. although with AE now letting you use tools in recipes you don't need the 3rd for me processors anymore.

Uh... what do you mean 'now'? You could do that even back in the 1.4.x packs. And yes, it'll use the tool in question until it broke and craft a new one if it's been instructed how to do so. It worked with Minium Stones, Quartz Knives, Handsaws

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
Uh... what do you mean 'now'? You could do that even back in the 1.4.x packs. And yes, it'll use the tool in question until it broke and craft a new one if it's been instructed how to do so. It worked with Minium Stones, Quartz Knives, Handsaws

It didn't in any version I played before ftb 1.5, Autocrafting tables/fabricators were required for tool usage on the server I was playing on. Heaven forbid someone offer an opinion based on their experiences that differs from your own.

Are you making the processors directly? Or making chips for shapeless crafting of processors?

I don't use the assembly table to make processors now, I have it setup to use the tool and an induction furnace.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
It didn't in any version I played before ftb 1.5, Autocrafting tables/fabricators were required for tool usage on the server I was playing on. Heaven forbid someone offer an opinion based on their experiences that differs from your own.

Unless that was self imposed by the server(Not even a config change to make it that way) then no. MACs have the ability to do it on their own just fine. Unless you mean that your server imposed upon itself the restriction of all auto-crafting devices, in which case your experience was moot and misleading.

Reactions: Infallible83

Mysteana

Jul 29, 2019

... I'm not going to even bother responding to that snark.

You do realise that there are some in these forums who are still on 1.4.x purely for the Ultimate pack? Saying that you can now use tools in the autocrafting implies that it is a recent feature. Something that is not true. What is a recent feature is that the recipes can ignore data values, hence durability on items during the crafting process, which will make some patterning a lot less of a hassle and may be the cause of your previous inability to have AE use tools in recipes.

Reactions: Infallible83