Applied Energistics priority

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pixels deth

Jul 29, 2019
I've just setup a AE sorting machine and everything seems to be going fine. I have export buses going into macrerators, furnaces and recyclers. The recycler bus is setup to accept cobblestone, dirt and sand. In another room I have barrels of cobble, dirt and sand, with stoarge busses on top. With my previous redpower sorting machine the barrels would fill up first before the cobble, dirt and sand went to the recycler. Now the export busses are pulling out of the barrels to feed the recyclers!

Is there anyway I can configure my sorting system to fill up the barrels before sending the cobble to the recyclers?

ectospheno

Jul 29, 2019
In my setup I have a field of barrels holding common items like cobble, dirt, etc. These each have a storage bus set at the highest priority. I don't really need scrap in my setup so once the barrels are full the common items hit a second storage bus attached to an incinerator that is set just below the priority of the barrels. The priority of the AE drives is set lower than both.

You can only have priorities set on the chest, drive, or storage bus. To have excess sent to the recyclers I would either put them into a storage bus attached to a chest (i.e. instead of the incinerator in my setup) and dump the chest to the recycler or setup an me interface with crafting recipes for scrap and manually make it occasionally.

Or get crazy with level emitters in some way I guess.

silenos

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to get "crazy" with level emitters, you just need one emitter per blocktype you want to recycle. Configure the emitters to send a redstone signal when the stock is above the limit you specified and the export bus on your recycler to activate on signal, thats it. Only downside would be that you will need at least one export bus and emitter per type.

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with big AE networks isn't the complexity, it's quartz. I agree that 18 is quite crazy just for that purpose.

I find that quartz is quite literally rarer and thus more valuable than Iridium, especially when you're trying to build up an extensive AE network. Which is sort of funny because in real life Quartz is not rare at all, it's like the second most abundant mineral. But yeah MC isn't real life.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Quartz is pretty common at ~40 level. This level is also good for copper and tin. You can use some sort of Fortune pick or Rock Cutter->Pulverizer->Compressor combo to increase quartz yield.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Quartz is pretty common at ~40 level. This level is also good for copper and tin. You can use some sort of Fortune pick or Rock Cutter->Pulverizer->Compressor combo to increase quartz yield.

I do this, I set up a quarry and every so often I go and silk touch stuff before it can mine it. Doing this with quartz gets 10 dust in the macerator. Obviously the quarry gets some that I don't silk touch, and I'm not there all the time, but it does help boost the levels. I have loads in the system now.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, quarry can give you tons of quartz just because it mines a lot. I set one up recently hoping my quartz problems are solved ^^

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, our world was generated in Mindcrack, so I had to go out of my way to get quartz when we switched to Ultimate. Took a while before I found new chunks and got enough to get my ae system started.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
You should be able to do something like this. Shift right click with a quartz/omni wrench on the barrel storage busses, set their priority nice and high. Then put a separate storage bus on chest, and filter it to only take the items that should be recycled. Put this one at a priority between your drives and the barrels. Then use routers or any other mod to pull things from the lower priority chest into recyclers. Alternatively replace your barrels with the vastly superior deep storage chests and never worry about it again.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
In my case 6 full speed 64x64 quarries is the key to quartz :p

In my case, a 48 block wide mining well frame machine is the key to quartz.

Even so, it's still ridiculous how rare it is compared to everything else. I've gotten more diamond than quartz out of that thing.

I wish the mod makers would make AE quartz and xycraft quartz interchangeable through the forge lexicon. Or at least let you smelt xycraft quartz into AE quartz or something.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019

Even so, it's still ridiculous how rare it is compared to everything else. I've gotten more diamond than quartz out of that thing.

I wish the mod makers would make AE quartz and xycraft quartz interchangeable through the forge lexicon. Or at least let you smelt xycraft quartz into AE quartz or something.
In 1.5 AE quartz is at least added to the ore dictionary, and is compatible with the new vanilla quartz. I do not know if XY quartz is or not, I just saw it on the change log.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

I guess you mined a lot in chunks that were generated before AE was added. You definitely get way more quartz than diamonds.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.5 AE quartz is at least added to the ore dictionary, and is compatible with the new vanilla quartz. I do not know if XY quartz is or not, I just saw it on the change log.

Nether quartz is being used, but it is not equivalent to the overworld quartz (which got renamed)

XY quartz is not used, and according to the author never will be used by AE. Rarity is intended.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Nether quartz is being used, but it is not equivalent to the overworld quartz (which got renamed)

XY quartz is not used, and according to the author never will be used by AE. Rarity is intended.

Which, by the way, makes the nether wayyyy more valuable as a place to go mine. In fact, if you add in Nether Ores (another of our esteemed Power Crystals mods) the Nether becomes one of the most dangerous/important places to mine that you can name. It's sorta amazing to have a nether that is both fun to adventure and profitable to mine in.

And if you add in Tinker's Construct? Gold rush!

And if you add in Metallurgy 2/3? RUN DO NOT WALK TO THE NETHER TO MINE.