Applied Energistics/IndustrialCraft Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Thehufbagel

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent the two hours or so trying to find a way to make my AE system craft auto-macerate all of my ores I get while mining and still be usable for crating with the interface for patterns. Because the macerator has only one side for input, I can't get the interface to use patterns and have an export bus auto-eject any of the specified ores. I think the problem lies in the fact that I can't get my ME interface to output it's contents into me cable, it just disconnects whenever I try to make the output a side with ME cable.
That might have been hard to understand, so I'll try to simplify into a few questions. Can I have multiple ME interfaces on one macerator? Is there a way to have an ME interface output its contents into ME Cable?
Any help would be great

Erosparadox

Jul 29, 2019
The easy way I do this is with Thermal expansion not ic2 . Hope that helps . I use the pulverizer not the macerator .It makes using AE in this fashion a lot easyer . I know that doesn't help you with IC2 but, will let you do what you want with little difficulty .

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent the two hours or so trying to find a way to make my AE system craft auto-macerate all of my ores I get while mining and still be usable for crating with the interface for patterns. Because the macerator has only one side for input, I can't get the interface to use patterns and have an export bus auto-eject any of the specified ores. I think the problem lies in the fact that I can't get my ME interface to output it's contents into me cable, it just disconnects whenever I try to make the output a side with ME cable.
That might have been hard to understand, so I'll try to simplify into a few questions. Can I have multiple ME interfaces on one macerator? Is there a way to have an ME interface output its contents into ME Cable?
Any help would be great

The trick is to not use the ME Interface. There is no reason to hold onto ores. What you should do is export all ores into a hopper that feeds the macerator or rotary macerator directly. Then use an ejector or a pipe to push into a nearby inventory or un-tasked ME Interface (this is usually cheapest, anything piped into an ME interface is imported!) for re-importing (a mid-level agate over a wooden pipe will surely do here). Repeat with the furnace. Know that this is the most power expensive automation you can possibly do.

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
Not 100% sure what your asking, but I'll try and help. First thing is first what pack are you using?
As I understand you are not having problems with getting the ores into the Macerator with the ME interface. where it sounds like your having the problems is with extracting the dusts from the Macerator. A ME interface will accept items ejected/piped into them, but the IC2 Macerator will not auto eject the dusts like the previously mentioned TE Pulverizer. You have several options available to you to extract items from a inventory, a vanilla hopper being the first to come to mind, but if it were me I would plop down a http://ae-mod.info/ME-Import-Bus/ to do your extracting and get on with life =D

Thehufbagel

Jul 29, 2019
The trick is to not use the ME Interface. There is no reason to hold onto ores. What you should do is export all ores into a hopper that feeds the macerator or rotary macerator directly. Then use an ejector or a pipe to push into a nearby inventory or un-tasked ME Interface (this is usually cheapest, anything piped into an ME interface is imported!) for re-importing (a mid-level agate over a wooden pipe will surely do here). Repeat with the furnace. Know that this is the most power expensive automation you can possibly do.

So if I were to do it this way, would I need two separate macerators? One for the ores and one that would be used for crafting?
If this being the case, I might switch to Thermal Expansion like erosparadox said.

Thehufbagel

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind, I got it to work. I didn't realize you could import into a hopper from all sides. Thanks for the help guys