Applied energistics autocrafting, I want AUTOcrafting!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to always have a certain number of some item crafted in the network? I want to craft fertilizer and keep my arboretums happy at all times.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
You will need another machine that does the auto-crafting, like the fabricator, and feed the materials into it with an output bus that is controlled by a level emitter.

GOATFACE

Jul 29, 2019
Indirectly, yes.

Have a level emitter emit a signal when < 500 fertilizer in network.
Connect the signal to an export bus.
Have a chest full of sand next to an autocrafting table. Set the autocrafting table to make fertiliser.
Set export bus to export apatite when it receives the "<500 fertilizer" signal into a second chest next to the autocrafting table.
Have the autocrafting table output to another chest, connected to an import bus.

I pretty much have this setup for frames for my bees. Except more complicated and conditionals.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
ehm, just put an export bus on the multifarm and set it to "single item/craft".. no need to keep fertilizer stocked in your network
I JUST found out how to do this five minutes ago. I was getting really frustrated trying to automatically supply my fermenters with saplings and compost that I started a test world just to screw around with interfaces connected to pipes and tubes and all sorts of crazy nonsense. I almost gave up and installed logistics pipes (which I've been trying to avoid since switching to AE) before I accidentally switched an export bus to the "single item/craft" mode and everything just started working.

Reactions: KirinDave

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
The youtuber Funshinex had another way of doing it. An export bus configured to export the item (in your case fertilizer) with the output control set to only by crafting (look at the export bus page on the wiki if you're not sure what I mean) and only when it receives a continuous redstone signal. Then have a level emitter pointed at the bus set to emit redstone if there is less than a certain amount of the item in the network. Point the export bus at an ME interface and the exported items will be immediately sucked back into the network.

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
Thanx guys :) works like a charm, I just connected an export bus to the bottom side of the fermenter and set it to move single/craft. awesome

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
For items that you want to be auto-crafted for your own use (say you want to keep a certain number of alveary blocks on hand). Point an export bus directly at an interface (any interface in your network works). Set the export bus to only operate on redstone signal and craft only. From there use a level emitter pointed at the export bus set to emit a signal when below however many you want kept on hand. No 3rd party crafting machines required. (Though fabricators are probably preferable if you are crafting something en masse since they are faster and wont tie up your MAC.)

Sixcurses

Jul 29, 2019
For items that you want to be auto-crafted for your own use (say you want to keep a certain number of alveary blocks on hand). Point an export bus directly at an interface (any interface in your network works). Set the export bus to only operate on redstone signal and craft only. From there use a level emitter pointed at the export bus set to emit a signal when below however many you want kept on hand. No 3rd party crafting machines required. (Though fabricators are probably preferable if you are crafting something en masse since they are faster and wont tie up your MAC.)
Thank you for this i was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out :)