Applied Energistics auto-crafting probloem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ivymichael

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

there is problem that when I smelt something,for example:
I want to cook 64 sand in order to get 64 glass blocks,
and I got 4 furnaces,is there anyway that divide this 64 sand blocks equally into 4 stacks via AE auto-crafting network to cook?
that`s to say,every furnace cook 16 sand for me at the same time.

cause I found when I set an Interface with a pattern like 16 sand > 16 glass onto every furnace,
the system will chose the closest furnace(not sure) and just cook 16 glass every time and wait for the next cycle,
the other three furnaces are idle at that time, which is so inefficient.

need people to discuss , so please leave your ideas,many thanks.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Put items one at a time and use an export bus for each furnace. They will be filled simultaneously.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Put items one at a time and use an export bus for each furnace. They will be filled simultaneously.
So if several export buses is set to export the same thing as another, it will be evenly spread?

ivymichael

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the reply,but coulde you be more details? what do you mean by "Put items one at a time"

sorry ,English is not my first language

svonb

Jul 29, 2019
what you could do is use an interface conncted to a chest with the recipe sand=glass. Then just pull out from the chest with buildcraft pipes or redpower or something else

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the reply,but coulde you be more details? what do you mean by "Put items one at a time"

sorry ,English is not my first language
There is a mode to do so in the bottom right corner. I'm not sure if it is what you want to do, honestly... Export buses just constantly export the items, so if you need to craft the exact number of items, that might be a bad idea.

ivymichael

Jul 29, 2019
what you could do is use an interface conncted to a chest with the recipe sand=glass. Then just pull out from the chest with buildcraft pipes or redpower or something else
that`s intriguing,I`ve tried BC golden pipes directly attach to the interface,and the end of these golden pipes are connected to all the machines,
but the massive quantities of items often spilt out of these pipes.Maybe RP tube works better,I will try that later,thanks anyway :)

ivymichael

Jul 29, 2019
There is a mode to do so in the bottom right corner. I'm not sure if it is what you want to do, honestly... Export buses just constantly export the items, so if you need to craft the exact number of items, that might be a bad idea.
you mean the mode "only craft items"? ahh quite a constructive feedback
I will try that! thanks

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Iron pipes are your friends guys. The prevent spilling if you use them right. TE is also introducing an insertion pipe in 1.5.1 that will greatly help with this. But if you like tubes more power to you. I just stick with BC because I use logistic pipes.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
I would say routers are your best bet. You do not want to use pipes or RP since any speed advantage you get from using multiple furnaces is going to be reduced by the travel times. Putting your interface on a router which is set to shove them into furnaces would get you fast and even distribution of materials.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
So if several export buses is set to export the same thing as another, it will be evenly spread?

Not always in my experience using them for factorization.

What you want is one export bus dumping into a router which will then fill your furnaces(or any other processing machine you want to run parallel).

Simply put, whenever you want more than one of the same machine doing exactly the same thing in the same room your first thought should be "router". :)

ivymichael

Jul 29, 2019
I would say routers are your best bet. You do not want to use pipes or RP since any speed advantage you get from using multiple furnaces is going to be reduced by the travel times. Putting your interface on a router which is set to shove them into furnaces would get you fast and even distribution of materials.
yeah after testing for several times,routers are the best choices.
Thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1366765510][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not always in my experience using them for factorization.

What you want is one export bus dumping into a router which will then fill your furnaces(or any other processing machine you want to run parallel).

Simply put, whenever you want more than one of the same machine doing exactly the same thing in the same room your first thought should be "router". :)
Thank you! I ma using routers now :)[DOUBLEPOST=1366765553][/DOUBLEPOST]
Iron pipes are your friends guys. The prevent spilling if you use them right. TE is also introducing an insertion pipe in 1.5.1 that will greatly help with this. But if you like tubes more power to you. I just stick with BC because I use logistic pipes.
Idea accepts,thx bro!