Applied Energistics and Barrels

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
ive seen a video where someone has put together a applied energistics sorting system coupled with storage barrels from factorization. unfortunately he did not explain how he did it :/

anyone could give me a quick breakdown what is needed and how this works ?

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
There's a block in AE called a Storage Bus which lets you use a different form of storage but that the AE system can access it. I haven't used it yet. I hope that for barrels you don't need to have one on top and one on the bottom. I can't check right now, I'm afraid!

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
There's a block in AE called a Storage Bus which lets you use a different form of storage but that the AE system can access it. I haven't used it yet. I hope that for barrels you don't need to have one on top and one on the bottom. I can't check right now, I'm afraid!

no problems thats all i needed to know :)
the setup this guy has is like follows.

B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-X
|-------------------- |
B-------------------- B
|-------------------- |
B-------------------- B
|-------------------- |
B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B

this would be see when you looked at it from top while floating above it.
"B" marks the spots/lines where the barrels are located and the "X" on the top right is where he did put the Storage Bus.

/edit

ok quick addendum after rewatching the episodes where this was covered in RedLeds lets play.

where the X is there is a chest that is designated to be the default route for his barrel storage system and to this chest the bus is connected. (just adding this in case someone was wondering and planned to use a similar system)

Nemesis688

Jul 29, 2019
You can just connect the storage bus to the back of the barrel and it allows you to access the contents.