applied energistics advanced autocrafting

condor700

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i'm currently automating my tungstensteel production, but i can't get my ME network to fill both input slots in the industrial blast furnace. I've seen it in videos, so i know it can be done. any suggestions?

condor700

Jul 29, 2019
you mean import bus? I have one attached to the output side but the real problem is getting both inputs into the furnace

kenken244

Jul 29, 2019
Applied energistics has some trouble with sided inventory at the moment. anyway, if you are autocrafting it, you probably want to use interfaces with crafting patterns in them. you could use the gregtech transposers and regulators to ensure everything gets into the correct spots.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Simple, make an ME-Interface, then, format a crafting recipe with the recipe, put in it the EXACT AMOUNT of items you need to craft and the items that results. Then, connect the Me-Interface to the desired machine and put the crafting recipe in the processing slot. You're done.

condor700

Jul 29, 2019
Celestial phoenix I used your idea except instead of redpower I used 2 routers, one for the top and one for the bottom, with BC pipes to move the steel and tungsten

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
Industrial blast furnace troubles? Here's my setup:

8y3rpen.png

The configuration for the industrial furnace is as follows:

Top: Goes into top input slot. I've attached a hopper with an ME Interface on top and an export bus on its side. That allows me to have a large item buffer when autocrafting and basic processing.
Bottom: Goes into bottom input slot. I have an export bus configured to always put in coal dust. The coal dust will only be consumed when making Steel.
Sides: Output slot. Attached is an import bus.[DOUBLEPOST=1368361818][/DOUBLEPOST]Practically all my GT machines are managed purely by AE.

TehT

Jul 29, 2019
dlord, how does that system work with craft patterns? like the OP I've been trying to get the craft pattern to take different items from different sources.. If possible I want a single furnace to be able to make Steel from Refined iron and Coal dust and also make refined iron using calcium carbonate and iron ore. But the craft pattens don't seem to work very well with multiple sided input.. anyone got this working or is it a loss?

Exasperation

Jul 29, 2019
You can use a GT advanced regulator to do that: set it to insert the refined iron and iron ore in the top slot, the coal dust and calcium carbonate in the bottom slot, and attach the interface with the crafting patterns to the regulator instead of directly to the furnace.

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
dlord, how does that system work with craft patterns? like the OP I've been trying to get the craft pattern to take different items from different sources.. If possible I want a single furnace to be able to make Steel from Refined iron and Coal dust and also make refined iron using calcium carbonate and iron ore. But the craft pattens don't seem to work very well with multiple sided input.. anyone got this working or is it a loss?

At first, I had the same dilemma too. And I was able to workaround that by having 2 ME networks. My primary ME network has my storage and autocrafting, and the GT machine is managed by a separate ME network.

An ME Interface, when you attach a BC pipe to it (gold/stone/cobblestone), ejects the raw materials to the pipe when you request something to be crafted thru that interface. I took advantage of this behavior by having items from the craft pattern eject from the interface into some gold pipes. The pipes lead to an ME chest with a controller attached to it. The controller then exports the relevant items to the proper sides of the machine.

You could avoid having 2 ME networks by using diamond pipes instead, but that also means you have to worry about overflow.

I no longer use this approach, since I have too much resources now. I just setup a new blast furnace controller.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
You could avoid having 2 ME networks by using diamond pipes instead, but that also means you have to worry about overflow.
if you use instead of diamond pipes rp sorting machine, you wont have to worry about overflow.

if you want to completely automate(without your demand) you can put relays on top and bottom, and attach export buses to them

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
if you use instead of diamond pipes rp sorting machine, you wont have to worry about overflow.

if you want to completely automate(without your demand) you can put relays on top and bottom, and attach export buses to them

That's fine if lag isn't an issue. I generally avoid RP2 machines now for general processing and routing of items due to the amount of lag it introduces.