Applied Energistics 2 - The Preview

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019

Yes the vid is from BevoLJ. Yes it's pretty awesome from a content AND production stand point. But check out the video. It's very short yet shows SO many things. AE2 is going to be pretty amazing. Self contained networks, place-able interfaces, so many colors, and more! I'm not even a huge logistics focused player and I'm excited.

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Boss! I am thrilled so many have enjoyed the AE2 Trailer. It was pretty fun making a cinematic trailer like that, but I can't wait until it is ready for a proper tutorial.

If anyone wants to follow the progress of AE2 please bookmark Algo's changelog: http://ae-mod.info/AE2/

He updates it all the time. It is still super early alpha (doesn't even have recipes lol) so much likely to change a good bit before release, but it is fun to watch Algo's magic making process on AE2. :)

I'd also be happy to answer any questions about it if anyone has any.

Last edited:

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
No prob Bevo! Will this version support analogue redstone signals?
Hmm, you mean like for a level emitter as like a comparator? Or to say set a import bus to import when a comparator on a machine shows it is half full and stops before it is empty? There is nothing in like that now, nor planned that I know of. But I soooo want this now.

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, you mean like for a level emitter as like a comparator? Or to say set a import bus to import when a comparator on a machine shows it is half full and stops before it is empty? There is nothing in like that now, nor planned that I know of. But I soooo want this now.
Yeah, I had some comparator ideas after watching some vanilla vids. ;)

Reactions: Bevo

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I had some comparator ideas after watching some vanilla vids. ;)
Already put in a feature request for it. If nothing else after like 20 bug reports complaining about the lack of walri in AE, M3ga added one to XC so perhaps... heh. Brilliant idea. I can't believe I have never thought of it myself.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Already put in a feature request for it. If nothing else after like 20 bug reports complaining about the lack of walri in AE, M3ga added one to XC so perhaps... heh. Brilliant idea. I can't believe I have never thought of it myself.
And I suck SO much at redstone. LOL. I'm sure if its added my designs will seem simplistic compared to what you come up with.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
My two favorite takeaways are the forge multipart (I hate the current support for facades) and the panels that you can put on any block. But it all looks awesome.
Ditto on both accounts(what your two takeaway favorites are and everything looks awesome).

Then again, I hope for some MFR Rednet support as well, as I do so enjoy the idea of having a single wall of buttons and levers to control my whole base. And a pointless lever on the floor.

Reactions: Staxed

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I am so pleased about multipart support, that is really exciting. I wonder if rednet and computercraft will get multipart support in 1.7 as well (I bet rednet will be a pain to do though)

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Big ae fan. The only thing I think needs to be added is a quantity toggle between actual quantity and stack number of item in a interface. One of the great things about barrells is that you had a decent grasp of how much of a large quantity you ha. I know what 62 stacks is and how fast things are coming and going. I don't know how fast things are coming and going when we are talking about 3856 of something.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Both the mod and video look wonderful. I too like the mutipart/microblock stuff especially the ability to have multiple buses in the same block. The panels will also make it much easier to hide in the less industrial areas as well, no more need to have a tech hideyhole in my mage tower.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I was unsure if anything could be done to improve on AE. Algo has proved I was wrong. I have rarely been so happy to be proven wrong.

Also, awesome video Bevo.

Reactions: Padfoote

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I like the precalculation of autocrafting most. That way you don't need to watch the crafting monitor anymore. You'll know instantly if a craft is possible (like in LP).
Maybe this change does enable LP to craft in AE. If that was the case, my minecraft world would be perfect.