Applied Energistics 2 problem.

Jamano

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone,

I am playing the Direwolf20 1.7.10 Modpack.

I am kinda new to Big Reactors, and I noticed that a 7x7x7 Big Reactor is good / best.

Now I see a lot of people putting liquids in it, like: water, resonant ender, gelid cryotheum, and even diamond blocks.

I also saw a site with some information about it: http://goo.gl/bXUomn

I clicked on the 16c picture and I noticed there is some diamond blocks and resonant ender in it.

How is this working, and can I get like a better picture of the Big Reactor with all the stuff in it, so i can copy :p

Jamm's

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
So unless there a dramatic changes to the values in the 1.7 modpacks, you have diamond blocks between the fuel rods and an outer layer of resonant ender. Resonant ender is really good at catching neutrons, diamond at slowing them down enough to fertilize other rods.

[E][E][E][E][E]
[E][F][D][F][E]
[E][D][F][D][E]
[E][F][D][F][E]
[E][E][E][E][E]

[E] = Resonant Ender
[D] = Diamond Blocks
[F] = Fuel Rod

But honestly, that should be apparent from the picture within the link you've sent. Control Rods go on top of fuel rods, and all the other fillings are clearly visible.

Reactions: Wagon153

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
Calm yourself. This question is hardly specific to DW20.
@ OP the numbers in the spreadsheet you linked seem off. I'll try and get some testing done later, but for example the sheet lists a 5x5x5 with 1 rod/Cryo generating 612 rf/t, where I have the same config with Ender generating 1.4k ish rf/t.

Big Reactors has a power output and consumption config, so it could be that those numbers differ between your and the modpack that was used to create the table. Also the table is pretty old, so it could be that ErrogenousBeef has done some tweaking regarding values.

Personally I do really like the 5x5 ender design since it's easily stackable and you can throttle it using CC to get optimum power production at a ridiculously low fuel consumption. I use one of those to remote recharge both my powersuit (full thrusters, power shields and active cooling) and power my AE system and factory (smallish AE with 128 drives, 36 blast proof drives, a 9x9 MAC with 250~ CPUS and 47 Pattern Providers,45 DSUs, all on seperate subnetworks, full TE autocrafting and some other niceties) and it consumes about 4-5 ingots of yellorium / day. I also have another dedicated reactor for gendustry running 128 industrial apiaries with full production upgrades, which ends up consuming a little more fuel, but not much more than 40 ingots/day whilst producing around 100k combs in the same time frame.

Whilst it's totally a great goal to get everything DW20 into the same thread, you're herding fleas. But seriously, doing unified anything threads is a pain in the butt if you don't have mod priviliges, and even then it's a ton of work that will drive you insane sooner or later. Chill and just point towards the thing, it's better for you sanity.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Calm yourself. This question is hardly specific to DW20.

Probably right, I'm getting frustrated with the DW20 spam that's all

Whilst it's totally a great goal to get everything DW20 into the same thread, you're herding fleas. But seriously, doing unified anything threads is a pain in the butt if you don't have mod priviliges, and even then it's a ton of work that will drive you insane sooner or later. Chill and just point towards the thing, it's better for you sanity.

I'm working this out, so new process... No help to anyone who posts out of the thread from me, just a linky

Jamano

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help, I used the setup JOBGG provided me.

I get around 11 KIRF/T.

Very much thanks for the help :D

Jamano

Jul 29, 2019
BTW I have a other issue :p

I can't seem to add more than 4 import / export busses to my M.E.
When I do so it shuts down my M.E even though I have more than enough power.

What am I doing wrong?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
BTW I have a other issue :p

I can't seem to add more than 4 import / export busses to my M.E.
When I do so it shuts down my M.E even though I have more than enough power.

What am I doing wrong?
AE2 is different than AE1, by quite a bit. It sounds like you're running out of channels. You'll probably want to do a bit of research on the changes. I'd probably start with DW's (slightly old) spotlight

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
What bagman said, plus google for some up to date vids, ae2 is so different & in many ways so much more, but the said its far more complex & near imposable to explain in a couple lines of text.

google, take baby steps & have fun with the new system.

I my self have just returned to MC+FTB, was off lost in the realms of D3+RoS, dont judge me to harshly :), so this is the way I find easiest to learn the more complex mods in a given pack.

Last edited: