applied energistics 2 buses not working?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
ok so i had a base and the ae system was nice and cool and it worked. after a bit the buses just stopped putting items in or out and i had to reset the system every time. i got tired of it and made another base somewere else. again i set up the system and its all good and dandy. and boom the import/export buses not functioning untill i reset the system. is there any real way to prevent this from happening?

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
Or power? A wireless access point can massively increase your energy demand, and Quantum Bridges tend to fail if you don't chunkload both sides and/or provide local battery storage.

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
i dont have quantum bridges in my system i do have a wireless acess but i produce about 30x the amount of rf my system would need to operate without failure

i currently have 8 turbines running on 28k rf per tick and in the old base i produced 580k rf per tick and it still happend. the buses themselfs show they are online and the color on them is blue not pink[signaling they have channels and they are working just that they dont] i made sure i have enofgh channels

diehard586

Jul 29, 2019
AE2 changed a little bit... make sure that the bus is not connected with a sub-network... For example, an ME controller cand hold up to 32 channels on every side, but when i put 9 ME Drives the system goes offline, so i have to put a dense cable and 8 drives for each until reach 32, maybe the same works with buses...

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
well my system is very organised. i have a 7x7x7 controller and each side of the controller is separate from the others. no side connects to another.. one side wich goes down under my base is all my autocrafting and crafting storages [and yea the crafting storages i doubt they cause a problem of not enogh space i have about 5m worth of storage crafting space

only the north south west and east sides has import buses and export because they access all my proccessing machines and big reactors
[maybe i should just post a few pictures and that might help someone figure out whats wrong

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
ok i might have managed to solve it no idea why i did not think of it earlier
probably at some point the me power doesnt reach the import buses so even ifthey connect to the system properly they dont have ae power to work
so i set up a dense energy cell and now it all works great [will update if it continues to

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a chunkloading issue. If you can afford it just load all chunks containing ME cables or other infrastructure. Also double-check your channel usage across that entire section of your network, unlike chunkloading a lack of channels will cause other ME components to fail while your buses are up and running.

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
well all of it is already chunkloaded i made sure of it
and no there are plenty of channels left.
the solution i came up with above still stands. it works perfectly for now after i put dense energy cells at every place that i have proccessing machines

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
Check the channel count at every network intersection. If any of them is even close to max load, investigate to make sure you didn't miss any "non-critical" devices that might have gone offline ages ago. Level Emitters also use a channel, for example.
Check if the energy cells actually drained. If you input too much power into the network so they fill up near-instantly as you approach, use a TE cell, EIO capacitor or similar device to throttle your input. Make sure you input only a little more power than your system needs, then play normally until the buses fail. If the local energy cells are empty/almost empty you're running out of power.
I assume you have already checked for "intentional" breaking points or cross-mod problems. In case you haven't, check for toggle buses, quartz fibres, orphaned P2P connections and similar AE2 mechanics. Check for accidentally placed filters and cards too (block type whitelist, inverter card, missing crafting card) Anything that moves blocks can also be an issue, does your design include (semi-)automatic spatial IO, frames, Teleposers or other ways of changing the system configuration without manual input?

Or maybe the buses themselves aren't the problem at all. What are you actually trying to do, and which buses aren't working?

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
like i said multiple times i made quad checked the channels and they are all used by dense cables and on those dense cables they stand on beetween 29 channels and less

i dont have p2p tunnels toggle buses quartz fibres teleposers or spatial io or frames
the buses are connected to pulverizers, redstone furnaces, crystal growth chambers liquid transposers and inscribers
your usual proccessing machines

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
just to make sure its not channels problem

i have a dense cable going from my controller straight into a big reactor with import and export for fuel and waste. only 2 channels on all of that dense cables
still doesnt work

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
Did you rotate the machines, change their side configs or, in the case of TE machines, remove the augment that unlocks configurable faces in the first place?
Replace the buses with interfaces and see if they work (deposit items, local provider feature). Also try a crafting pattern for the processing step and see if that works (manual job or bus/interface with crafting card). Replace the machines with chests/barrels and see if that works.

How exactly do the buses break, and how do you "fix" them currently? Once they stop working, do they sometimes recover without you doing anything?

Are you playing SSP or on a server? Are you playing a standard FTB pack or did you add any other mods yourself?

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
im on the official infinity pack 1.7.0 on singleplayer
the buses work for a while and then while maintaining blue signal color they stop actualy putting items in or out of machines. the interfaces do put items into the machines but the import buses dont take them out once proccessed and export buses stop putting yellowrium into my big reactors
my solution was to put a wireless transmitter and wireless receiver to shut down the tesseracts providing power to the controller thus reseting the whole system
it does the job for a bit then they stop working again
they dont recover by themself

i did not take out any augments i only put in proccessing speed augments into the te machines
the interfaces dont take items out of all of my machines. the crystal growth chamber doesnt automaticly push items into near inventorys

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, that sounds extremely odd. The point of the interfaces isn't to replace the buses btw, it's to make sure an AE device can function in that specific block space.
What are you using for storage? If channels permit put your stuff in a chest/barrel with a storage bus right next to the target machine. Try the same with an ME drive/chest.
Does your network have any kind of structure in the way of sub-networks, SuperSoarynDrives or similar contraptions?
Can you reproduce the issue in a newly generated test world?

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
i store all of my items in me drives
not sure if i can reproduce it as i dont realy know what the issue actualy is

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
Try to replicate part of your ME system in a creative test world. Start with just a drive+bus+terminal and see if that works, if not your AE installation is broken. If that works start rebuilding other features of your main net, like the controller, the length of cables, other devices on the same subnet (you don't have to connect them to any machines, just the AE stuff). Once something breaks you know which part of the whole system is causing the issue.

Try any other means of accessing the same items you want to export and see if they work. You can manually draw them from a terminal, have them provided by an interface (this counts as outside the network, but does not export items out of the interface block itself) or request them for crafting.
Another more complex option is to attach an ME interface to your main network, then a storage bus onto that. Do not connect the storage bus to your main network, only provide it with power (quartz fibre) and add your buses (or terminals and other testing gear) to that sub-network.

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
regarding the last part of what you said is there a video explaining exactly how to set this up?

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
There probably is, but I don't have one at hand. It's really easy without a video though: Just place a full-block ME interface on the cable line where your buses keep breaking.
Ensure none of the following components touch your main AE network, so in case of severe DireWire make liberal use of Cable Anchors to block connections (place the anchor before you place the other component/cable!)
Place a storage bus against the ME interface but, again, not connected to your network.
Place a smart cable on the storage bus.
Place a quartz fibre on the smart cable.
Connect the quartz fibre to your main AE network, ensuring none of the connecting cables touch the smart cable. The easiest way to do this is to place the quartz fibre at a right angle to the storage bus and add two cables: one right next to the fibre, and one connecting that to the ME interface block. Alternatively provide the smart cable with its own power supply via AE cell or Power Acceptor, again making sure not to connect any component to your main net.
Add debugging tools branching out from the smart cable. A terminal always helps, but buses and interfaces will also be useful in your case. Note you should not be able to see any of your main network's autocrafting options, only the stored items. If you can not see the items in your main network from a terminal placed on the smart cable/storage bus block that's a problem. If you can see the autocrafting options that means you accidentally connected the line to your main network.

The point of this excercise is to create a separate AE network on-site, which should remove any potential bugs or design issues with the main network from the equation as long as you can extract items from it.