[Applied Energistics 2] A P2P challenge

BlackSkyCloud

Oct 21, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to check out my post. I'll try to explain my situation to the best of my ability.

I play on a modded PvP server with a teammate. We each have an underground base. My base contains the ME Controller and an autocrafting setup. My ME drives are located in a different dimension, connected via a quantum network bridge. In this dimension, there is a second bridge that connects to my teammate's base. Their base has the ore processing and laser drills.
Using this setup, we can access the storage and autocrafting from either base, and ores will automatically be processed in their base.

This sounds ideal, however we have one problem: Without P2P, the network bridge can obviously only carry 32 channels, while my friend requires more to expand his base. He cannot add a controller since there would be two in the network, and despite me watching a lot of videos about P2P, I cannot figure this out.

Our goal is to send as many channels as possible to my friend's base using P2P, while keeping the functionalities described above. I'll attach a layout of our setup that I made in Paint.

I would greatly appreciate it if somebody would come up with a solution, or at least send me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
BlackSkyCloud

Edit: I realized something. It would obviously be easier to attach another quantum network bridge to the controller instead of in the remote storage base. Then the P2P connection only has to travel through one bridge. I'll continue experimenting.

Attachments

• layout.png
    layout.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited: