Applied Energestics General Help

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to move my access terminal/crafting table. Is this possible without losing anything, and do I need a tool to do this? Thanks :)
It would be advisable, or at least less anoying to ask that question in either a new thread or in the wonderful ask a simple question thread instead of necroing a 6+ month old thread. Despite what Zein's Necrology might make you think, thread necromancy is somewhat frowned upon.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
It would be advisable, or at least less anoying to ask that question in either a new thread or in the wonderful ask a simple question thread instead of necroing a 6+ month old thread. Despite what Zein's Necrology might make you think, thread necromancy is somewhat frowned upon.

My apologies if you were inconvenienced by the need to admonish me for asking a question here that, as far as I was able to ascertain in reading the rules, was quite acceptable. I arrived at this thread by doing a search.

Additionally, I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to those who were gracious enough to humor my ignorance in committing a forum faux pas without feeling the need to engage in pedantic redundant verbose scoldings.

:)

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
You weren't scolded.

So I saw this thread pop up, read the first post, and was confused because it was really old. So then I went to the last page of the thread and your question (which is not related to the OP really), was not there. So back to page 1 where I found your add-on question.

Had you made your own thread I would have been saved at least 30 seconds of my time ;)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
My apologies if you were inconvenienced by the need to admonish me for asking a question here that, as far as I was able to ascertain in reading the rules, was quite acceptable. I arrived at this thread by doing a search.

Additionally, I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to those who were gracious enough to humor my ignorance in committing a forum faux pas without feeling the need to engage in pedantic redundant verbose scoldings.

:)
A general AE question in a thread entitled as such. I see no reason for people to harp on you. I'm glad you your answers.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
It's always funny to see people complaining about old threads being pushed up to the front page. Especially if there's a recent thread with people complaining that nobody ever uses the search functions and keep posting the same thing over and over again. It's like you can't win no matter what you do.

Reactions: RedBoss

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I do apologize, it's just that bringing up a long dead thread bugs me to no end(though I couldn't tell you why), especially since we seem to have a rash of it going around this week. I am glad you got your question answered and if you have more please ask here or as I said in the ask a simple question thread.

nbargate

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys. I'm using AE to auto-craft solar panels. It has all the recipes but it won't craft RE-Batteries. Any ideas on why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys. I'm using AE to auto-craft solar panels. It has all the recipes but it won't craft RE-Batteries. Any ideas on why?

More than likely because you shift clicked the recipe for the generator in from NEI. This tells the MAC to use a full battery in the generator recipe which your MAC does not know how to craft. to fix (if this is your problem) get out the generator pattern, make a battery and replace the full battery in the pattern with an empty/freshly made one.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

nbargate

Jul 29, 2019
More than likely because you shift clicked the recipe for the generator in from NEI. This tells the MAC to use a full battery in the generator recipe which your MAC does not know how to craft. to fix (if this is your problem) get out the generator pattern, make a battery and replace the full battery in the pattern with an empty/freshly made one.
Thank you. I will try that out and get back to you :)