Apology to the public

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

briman0094

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

Many of you may know me from my time spent on IRC or in various streams. More recently, you may also have seen information about a port of RedPower that I contributed to with the streamer "Hephinator," or "HephWins" on twitch.tv. It is already known that I helped him with the port, so I will not deny involvement as that would make me seem dishonset (which is one thing I most definitely am not.) A few nights ago, he concacted me saying that he spoke with Slowpoke101 and Direwolf20 and that they wanted to talk with Eloraam about the potential of us taking over the mod. He said that we needed a working build before that point so that we could demonstrate our ability to maintain the mod. I worked on it and got a mostly working version ready, and he said he wanted to "play with it a bit" to test it. The extent of my knowledge at the time ended here. I went to sleep and woke up the next day to some nasty things going on on twitter. From the tweets I saw, it appears as if Hephinator livestreamed the new build of the mod to the public, and possibly released a download link of a build of the port (although I have not gotten an official confirmation or denial of such). I am publicly apologizing to Eloraam, Feed the Beast, and the community for this behavior. I have removed the source and builds from Hephinator's access to the extent of my ability. I am an honest person and would never, ever release any property of another modder without their prior written consent, and I do not want anybody else to get hurt from this unfortunate situation. I will not be discussing the situation with the public, but if any modder or member of the Feed the Beast team wishes to contact me, you may find me on EsperNet IRC or send a private message to me on this forum.

Sincerely,
Briman0094

Addendum: I am aware that even decompiling RedPower 2 was a violation of Eloraam's terms. My morale was clouded by the chance of me becoming the official maintainer, which does not appear to be in my future now. I apologize sincerely to Eloraam for the disrespect.

Clarification: I need to clarify that the project was in development before Hephinator's conversation with Slowpoke and Direwolf, but it was never intended to be publicized. I did not condone the release of RedPower for 1.4.7 that Hephinator posted on twitter. I was at fault to distribute the builds to Hephinator without clarifying that he would keep them private.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you believe this guy in the first place? It doesn't make sense that slow or dw would approach random people to decompile and update a mod.

I feel bad if you got hoodwinked but this sounds as legit as needing to send money to earn my prize in the Australian Lottery that I've never played.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Well, not really sure what to say.
Atleast its not what I had been told, but meh.
Heph has went a bit insane, disgusting behaviour that makes anyone with sense feel foul from just reading what he has said.
I just dont get why he thinks he has the rights, his act of "updating ee2" is just a threat right to pahimar, anything people say he just reflects with stupidity and selfishness, seriously, give pahimar a few months, he can make a mod better than ee2 :/

briman0094

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you believe this guy in the first place? It doesn't make sense that slow or dw would approach random people to decompile and update a mod.

I feel bad if you got hoodwinked but this sounds as legit as needing to send money to earn my prize in the Australian Lottery that I've never played.

I don't know why I believed him. Heph and I used to be friends but I see differently now.

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
Did Heph save the stream video? I looked at his profile, but couldn't find any stream highlighting a build for redpower.

I'ma a derp derp. Ignore me
Edit. I found it. I was just not looking at the proper place. It's been a while since I've been to twitch...

briman0094

Jul 29, 2019
Did Heph save the stream video? I looked at his profile, but couldn't find any stream highlighting a build for redpower.

He doesn't usually archive streams. His stream title is still set to the RP2 stream:
4sYLT.png

Reactions: Pokefenn

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Bri, sorry to see you get dragged into this. I don't know what Heph is doing or what he is thinking. He used to be a pillar for modders rights and permissions. To pull a complete 180 makes me think something is seriously wrong.

Radar

briman0094

Jul 29, 2019
Bri, sorry to see you get dragged into this. I don't know what Heph is doing or what he is thinking. He used to be a pillar for modders rights and permissions. To pull a complete 180 makes me think something is seriously wrong.

Radar

I agree...this isn't something that I would think Heph would do. I should have known something was up when he wanted such a broken build.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is now under ModWatch. Consider this a more strict "Be Nice" warning--misbehavior here, no matter who it comes from, will be dealt with swiftly and severely. You have been warned.

I and the other mods will continue discussions on this topic, pending any official responses (if any).

Reactions: Pokefenn

madkidk

Jul 29, 2019
Stealing an other mod is bad, but then dragging someone else into it by lying is even worse.

Sorry it happened to you.

-Madkidk

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is now under ModWatch. Consider this a more strict "Be Nice" warning--misbehavior here, no matter who it comes from, will be dealt with swiftly and severely. You have been warned.
I and the other mods will continue discussions on this topic, pending any official responses (if any).

You on TS, lets chat :)

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Clarification: This is a policy closure, as per our forum policy on closed-source mods, which can be found at the given link, as well as per direct instructions from the FTB team. Now would probably be a good time for everyone to re-familiarize themselves with this policy, as well as with all the forum rules (links to which may be found in my signature).​

Status
Not open for further replies.