Apiary Refiller Module Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Icepick72

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some trouble with the Apiary Refiller Module from Logistics Pipes - it doesn't seem to work on Apiaries, though it works just fine on Alvearies. This suggests that it might be intended behaviour, but I can't find any information either way - I've seen videos from around November of the module working with Apiaries but can't find any more recent info that says it's changed. So is this working as intended, a bug, or am I doing something wrong? I assume I have it set up correctly since I can get it working on an Alveary (and really, it's not that complicated) but there might be some quirk I'm missing.
I'm using the Direwolf20 pack version 1.0.11 (so Logistics Pipes 0.7.4dev80 and Forestry 2.3.1.0) along with Extra Bees.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmm never used it but something seems to ring a bell with the pipe only working with one and not the other at present. But not sure, might be something I heard in a mod spotlight or something. Or that I just remember wrong.

Not sure if it matters with the pipe, but you are making sure to insert from the right directions?

Icepick72

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure that direction matters to be honest, but yeah, I've tried it on the top, bottom and the sides and it's not worked on any of them.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
It only works with pure bees from what I remember - so if you're using your apiaries for breeding before moving to an alveary when stable for production, it doesn't help much unfortunately.

Icepick72

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've been testing it with pure bees. I tried it out in creative just to be sure too, using pure meadows bees, but no luck.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Can you get a screenshot of how you're doing it?

Icepick72

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, will have to wait until after work though - I'll take a shot of the setup I have in creative which shows the problem.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
DW20 explains the use of it on an apiary around 19:50 so it should be possible.

You are sure that you are using the Apiary and not the Bee House? The latter refuses all automated interaction.

Reactions: Infallible83

Icepick72

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, definitely using Apiaries. I've actually seen that video before - it's what prompted me to try this out in the first place. There's another similar video I've seen dated around November which suggests it *should* work, but I'm having no luck. Here's a screenshot of my creative test setup.

apiarysetup.jpg

The chassis pipes both have the Apiary Refiller Modules in, but only the one attached to the Alveary seems to work, the one on the Apiary does nothing. The pipe is connected to the top in the screenshot but I've tried it on the sides and the bottom with no luck. The default route is definitely working as the extra bees and combs from the Alveary all end up there. As far as I can tell, it should be working but the bees just sit there in the apiary and nothing happens at all with the pipe.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yep, definitely using Apiaries. I've actually seen that video before - it's what prompted me to try this out in the first place. There's another similar video I've seen dated around November which suggests it *should* work, but I'm having no luck. Here's a screenshot of my creative test setup.

View attachment 9582

The chassis pipes both have the Apiary Refiller Modules in, but only the one attached to the Alveary seems to work, the one on the Apiary does nothing. The pipe is connected to the top in the screenshot but I've tried it on the sides and the bottom with no luck. The default route is definitely working as the extra bees and combs from the Alveary all end up there. As far as I can tell, it should be working but the bees just sit there in the apiary and nothing happens at all with the pipe.

Try attaching another basic logistics pipe to the side.

Icepick72

Jul 29, 2019
To the side of the Apiary? Just tried that and it had no effect - pipe still just sits there idle.

Icepick72

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've had no luck getting this working. If someone could confirm whether it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong or whatever that would be great, but in the mean time I've set up a cheap alternative with ItemDucts until I can generate enough resources to start making Alvearies.

Olivj

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I have the same problem with the Direwolf20 1.0.16 pack. LogisticsPipes 0.7.4.dev.102
Would be great if this could be fixed. :(