Anyone want to build something crazy? Coding

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to start out if you have seen me post this somewhere else I apologize greatly.

I have this obsessive idea that 1. Want to know if it's possible and 2. Really want someone to take on because I unfortunately cannot code.

What I basically want is a custom remote desktop for minecraft.

This would basically be a stripped down version of the minecraft client, which would allow you to connect to a server.

The idea is the server would do the heavy lifting of running minecraft and such, while the phone, android, would render it.

Also to control the game would over lay buttons for a s w d or whatever buttons you need. And the touch screen would be the mouse. For examples see chrome remote and Remotr.

I know it would be crazy but I'm hoping there is someone daring out there who also wants what I do, to play minecraft on the go easy with out streaming my desktop and using a bunch of data.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
so....you want to connect to a computer that runs minecraft but instead of rendering it on the computer that runs it you want to have it render only on the pc that connects to it?

Meet X you will like X, sadly X will most likely not like you due to you probably using windows :p (sorry, just had to write it that way)

I have used X in combination with SSH once to run minecraft in the way I described above. Sadly enough I didn't think of lowering the render distance and other options thus the GPU of my laptop couldn't exactly handle it and it ended up being very laggy. Not laggy in the same way as it would be using something like teamviewer more as the GPU not being able to keep up thus I suspect that given the right hardware and options it would work.

note that this was an laptop running debian 8 connecting to another computer running debian 8

Another thing you could do is make an computercraft controlled AE system that can interact with all your machines using Computercraft. (thus take an item out and put it into the correct machine) then have another computer being able to take items out of your main AE system and place it in the CC controlled system and the other way around.

Then using the HTTP API and a custom created site and database you could command an AE system to create certain items just by going to said site and inserting what you want it to do. Thus for example "Pulverize iron_ingot 10" would pulverize 10 iron ingots. This could be made more advanced by having your computer updating the database of the server every so often with all the items currently inside the AE system and some nice custom GUI's on the site that mimic the various machines

If you want a minecraft client that only renders stuff then well I'm sorry to tell you but that is probably not going to happen.

Reactions: Robijnvogel

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
I guess want clear, my bad. I wanted to be able to play minecraft on my android phone. And I thought by having a server run it would do the heavy lifting while a client or remote desktop type of app to render what the server is doing so you could play modded minecraft with a phone. There is a way to do this with anapp called Remotr, but that streams the computers display and uses a lot of data. So I thought if I could render what the server is saying it would be a lot less data.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Again, you describe what X can do.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=x+server+android&oq=x+server+android

The difference between X and stuff like teamviewer (and I guess Remotr) is that teamvierwer sends what needs to be rendered as pictures where as X sends the data your GPU needs to render it. (a bit of a simplification but you get the idea)
Either way you end up with a good amount of data being send but you can't really get around that even with a special made client.

Note that X works backwards in what it calls client/server. The host is called the client and the pc that renders it has the server which connects to the client. There is a reason why the naming is the way it is but explaining why will take a while and won't help anyone (mostly because I haven't looked deep enough into that reason myself ) :p

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Again, you describe what X can do.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=x+server+android&oq=x+server+android

The difference between X and stuff like teamviewer (and I guess Remotr) is that teamvierwer sends what needs to be rendered as pictures where as X sends the data your GPU needs to render it. (a bit of a simplification but you get the idea)
Either way you end up with a good amount of data being send but you can't really get around that even with a special made client.

Note that X works backwards in what it calls client/server. The host is called the client and the pc that renders it has the server which connects to the client. There is a reason why the naming is the way it is but explaining why will take a while and won't help anyone (mostly because I haven't looked deep enough into that reason myself ) :p
Ahh Ok that makes more sense. I guess the reasoning I had is the data being transfered between a minecraft server and the minecraft client is 150 kbps, instead of Mbps like a streamer like Remotr does. So if there was a way to make your phone the minecraft client, the data you'd be getting and sending would be in the kbps instead of Mbps to connect to your pc which is playing it.