Anyone thought about making Ender Levers?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds AWESOME. My only thought is that since this is a lever that works wirelessly via ender magic, it would make sense that the lever would work anywhere hence my idea: the portable ender lever. The name explains itself; you hold it, and you are able to toggle it by right clicking.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
What if you don't have a mod that adds a block activator? I thought about this. A mod like Ender levers would also be used in magic and adventure packs.

Yea I have no idea what you're working with or trying to accomplish. Was just a idea.

What if we had ender pressure plates, buttons, and trip wires while we are at it?

Last edited:

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I have no idea what you're working with or trying to accomplish. Was just a idea.

What if we had ender pressure plates, buttons, and trip wires while we are at it?
Ender plates sound good, and some people might use ender buttons, but ender trip wires sound bad unless they don't use string so that they cannot be disarmed. Ender wire maybe? It would have to be unbreakable except by the original owner and near invisible (1 px).

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Ender plates sound good, and some people might use ender buttons, but ender trip wires sound bad unless they don't use string so that they cannot be disarmed. Ender wire maybe? It would have to be unbreakable except by the original owner and near invisible (1 px).

I wouldnt have an issue with them being able to be disarmed or use string. Seems like a great way to grief if you can place unbreakable near-invisible tripwire given the recipe would likely be cheap.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
If the were levers flippable by a redstone signal they could be used like WRCBE. I'm also for pressure plates and buttons.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
If the were levers flippable by a redstone signal they could be used like WRCBE. I'm also for pressure plates and buttons.

Slightly off topic, but does qCraft have a thing where you can quantum link two blocks? You could put your redstone signal into the one block and it would transfer to the other. I know its using another mod, I'm just having trouble remembering with all the new mods I'm being exposed to this month.

DepressivesBrot

Jul 29, 2019
Oh also:
Ender dust: Using dust would cause the mod to be reliant on another mods to macerate/pulverise the enderpearls wouldn't it? That is generally a bad idea. Instead I would recommend using an Enderpearl in the recipe and then rewarding 2 levers(somewhat offsets the increased cost). And the bobbing pearl? Well you could reason that the pearl is not actually used in constructing the item, but in the process of linking them together.
You could just add a lower-yield crafting/furnace recipe along the lines of bonemeal or blazepowder for when no grinders are available.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Slightly off topic, but does qCraft have a thing where you can quantum link two blocks? You could put your redstone signal into the one block and it would transfer to the other. I know its using another mod, I'm just having trouble remembering with all the new mods I'm being exposed to this month.

Yes, you can. But as you said, it's a different mod. If I wanted a different mod I'd use WRCBE.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
You could just add a lower-yield crafting/furnace recipe along the lines of bonemeal or blazepowder for when no grinders are available.
There are other mods that have you cook and grind ender pearls so it might be better to avoid ender dust altogether. Maybe have a recipe that crafts 4 ender rods with 4 blaze rods and 1 ender pearl.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
There are other mods that have you cook and grind ender pearls so it might be better to avoid ender dust altogether. Maybe have a recipe that crafts 4 ender rods with 4 blaze rods and 1 ender pearl.

Needs more pearls. Maybe 4 pearls and one rod?

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to work on it to see if I could do it (since i had a few ideas of how do to it). Have focused on the rendering (which is all done manually, without Techne).

Note: Yes, the lighting is a bit off on the block. Haven't fixed that up yet. (It is one of the less obvious things that isn't done yet)

2014-01-26_00.09.04.png
2014-01-26_00.09.17.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to work on it to see if I could do it (since i had a few ideas of how do to it). Have focused on the rendering (which is all done manually, without Techne).

Note: Yes, the lighting is a bit off on the block. Haven't fixed that up yet. (It is one of the less obvious things that isn't done yet)

View attachment 9397
View attachment 9398

how about having the lever look a bit like a thaumcraft iron capped wand? with a wooden stick and an iron cap at the end of it.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019

View attachment 9397
View attachment 9398

I really love the design but here's my advice: the levers seem a bit wide and the buttons a bit flat. Also I don't like the wood, I would recommend it was changed to a blaze rod to give a more magical feel and then given a cap on the end. Also the wooden bit looks to long.

Are they multiparts?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I really love the design but here's my advice: the levers seem a bit wide and the buttons a bit flat. Also I don't like the wood, I would recommend it was changed to a blaze rod to give a more magical feel and then given a cap on the end. Also the wooden bit looks to long.

Are they multiparts?
The cap would look awesome with the end portal texture. Or maybe the liquid ender texture from TE3.
The depth of the buttons is roughly the same as those on ender chests and tanks, so what is the problem?

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
The cap would look awesome with the end portal texture. Or maybe the liquid ender texture from TE3.
The depth of the buttons is roughly the same as those on ender chests and tanks, so what is the problem?

I didn't mean buttons, sorry, my mind was elsewhere. I meant the little bit that the lever rested on.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019

View attachment 9397
View attachment 9398
the lever handle would need the blaze rod texture if we use one in the recipe. maybe the top section ender pearl dark blue, blending together w/ the blaze rod as you move down.
base obsidian (check), but I recommend the collar/housing be iron grey, then diamond blue when locked.

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Dang. I just re-read through this and I'm actually pretty inspired to give this an honest to God shot. I tried reading and watching a lot of coding videos but it seemed like it was all just over my head.

If anyone has some advice, links or tutorials they can send me to, I will greatly appreciate it. I watched some in the past back when I started this thread (can't remember who it was now) but bleh, I want to make this for you guys!

Hell yeah! I'm going to DO THIS.