Anyone know why my FPS drop when im facing a certain way in a certain area

unholywar23

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so to explain this im kind of in a marsh i guess but on the biomes screen it says ocean. anyways if im over that area with the patches of grass in the ocean and face a certain way my fps drops but if i turn my camera while im standing in the same spot my fps goes way up..anyone have an idea what this is and how to fix it

Komoden

Jul 29, 2019
I have experienced the same issues previously while playing.... are you using Uptifine?

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
I've found that certain world gen causes lots of entities to be dropped to the ground, such as I found a Jungle biome with lots of Redpower Rubber Trees caused lots of saplings to be dropped to the ground, which would obviously cause massive drops in FPS. Also Volcanos tend to cause things to drop while they are generating. It could be something like this. Press F3 and then on the third line it will say something like
This refers to the number of entites that are currently being rendered out of the total number of entites (in my example 25 rendered entites, of 50 total entites).

unholywar23

Jul 29, 2019
I have experienced the same issues previously while playing.... are you using Uptifine?
yes i am[DOUBLEPOST=1357127442][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've found that certain world gen causes lots of entities to be dropped to the ground, such as I found a Jungle biome with lots of Redpower Rubber Trees caused lots of saplings to be dropped to the ground, which would obviously cause massive drops in FPS. Also Volcanos tend to cause things to drop while they are generating. It could be something like this. Press F3 and then on the third line it will say something like
This refers to the number of entites that are currently being rendered out of the total number of entites (in my example 25 rendered entites, of 50 total entites).
ya it says 500/1500...is that bad..what the hell is causing this..could it be my building machines that are automatically building things for me?

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Well 500/1500 certainly does sound a lot to me, what kind of building machines are you talking about? A system actually placing blocks down (Such as CC turtles) or an autocrafting system?

unholywar23

Jul 29, 2019
Well 500/1500 certainly does sound a lot to me, what kind of building machines are you talking about? A system actually placing blocks down (Such as CC turtles) or an autocrafting system?
Its called a builder its the thing that uses blueprints to build things

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Its called a builder its the thing that uses blueprints to build things
Well it used to be that the builder was horribly broken, like a version or two ago. I'm just looking through the changelogs to see if this was fixed at all, but his may be the culprit of your problems.

unholywar23

Jul 29, 2019
Well it used to be that the builder was horribly broken, like a version or two ago. I'm just looking through the changelogs to see if this was fixed at all, but his may be the culprit of your problems.
Ya i think it was i removed them and im not getting about 400 fps again

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yeah probably that then, I know the general advice previously was just don't use Builders, and I can't find anything in the BC changelogs to suggest this has been fixed, so may be best to just avoid these for the time being.

huldu

Jul 29, 2019
Big trees or areas with a large amount of trees will cause a FPS drop. Especially if you're using extraebiomes and run across a redwood/fir forest. If you're computer isn't that good, you'll notice a hefty fps drop. On my rig I prefer to build my base in a more "open" area, it helps a lot.