Anyone know of a working mod for this?

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
Figured I'd ask, but does anyone know if such a mod exists that allows one to make all dimensions have seperate inventories for 1.12.2?(Configurable)

I've seen two mods that do this on curseforge, one is abandoned at 1.7.10 and the other is 1.12.2 but doesn't even work at all.

Do share if you know such a mod!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Just to clarify, do you mean like when you go between the overworld and the Nether, you end up with a empty inventory? So you can't carry items out of the nether in the traditional way? A bit like what Witchery did with its spirit world

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
Just to clarify, do you mean like when you go between the overworld and the Nether, you end up with a empty inventory? So you can't carry items out of the nether in the traditional way? A bit like what Witchery did with its spirit world
Like Witchery's spirit world, every dimension except those specified via config would have seperate inventories.

Basically I'd want only the end to share its inventory with the overworld. All other dimensions(including mod ones) would have their own inventory.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Like Witchery's spirit world, every dimension except those specified via config would have seperate inventories.

Basically I'd want only the end to share its inventory with the overworld. All other dimensions(including mod ones) would have their own inventory.
Interesting! That would be very cool lore-wise, and it must be possible. Its a bit like Sync with its cloned bodies - each of those has their own inventory, and you can jump between bodies. It wouldn't make a lot of sense with a dimension of another planet like GC or AdvR, but otherwise yeah - cool! So what would be the reason why you keep your inventory in the End? Is that because, unlike the other dimensions in your lore, you actually physically transfer yourself - body and all - into the End?

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
Interesting! That would be very cool lore-wise, and it must be possible. Its a bit like Sync with its cloned bodies - each of those has their own inventory, and you can jump between bodies. It wouldn't make a lot of sense with a dimension of another planet like GC or AdvR, but otherwise yeah - cool! So what would be the reason why you keep your inventory in the End? Is that because, unlike the other dimensions in your lore, you actually physically transfer yourself - body and all - into the End?

Well all the dimensions in the modpack except the end are survivable with an empty inventory to start with the mods provided, but the ender dragon would be the end goal.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Heh, End goal.

OK, so its more for a survivability reason than anything else? You need to start a new life in whatever dimension you go between, but the End makes that impossible and its the final aim anyway?

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
Heh, End goal.

OK, so its more for a survivability reason than anything else? You need to start a new life in whatever dimension you go between, but the End makes that impossible and its the final aim anyway?

Exactly.

Sadly as I said in the OP, theres no mod that does this that works... Theres two mods that do this on curseforge, but as I said, one is 1.7.10 and the other is broken. So either the 1.12.2 one needs to be fixed or the 1.7.10 one needs to be updated to 1.12.2

Dunno if either will happen. :(

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Exactly.

Sadly as I said in the OP, theres no mod that does this that works... Theres two mods that do this on curseforge, but as I said, one is 1.7.10 and the other is broken. So either the 1.12.2 one needs to be fixed or the 1.7.10 one needs to be updated to 1.12.2

Dunno if either will happen. :(
Dang :( I rather wish I knew anything about modding. Do you think its something you could try coding yourself?

Unrelated, I quite like the idea of something making the end more survivable (whether that be by adding biomes etc or adding things you can do with the blocks that are already there) - certainly the Nether has quite a few mods that already add stuff like that (and will be getting vanilla changes along the same vein in 1.15 I believe)

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
Dang :( I rather wish I knew anything about modding. Do you think its something you could try coding yourself?

Unrelated, I quite like the idea of something making the end more survivable (whether that be by adding biomes etc or adding things you can do with the blocks that are already there) - certainly the Nether has quite a few mods that already add stuff like that (and will be getting vanilla changes along the same vein in 1.15 I believe)
I am not familiar at all with java code, most I know codingwise is a little lua code and even then it's limited.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ah dang.

It must be possible. Or at least it was. Differences in mod versions may make these things much more challenging.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
In theory it should actually be pretty easy, just store the players inventory info per dimension. Not sure if it's particularly easy in practice though

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
Welp... I found one way, it's not exactly seperate dimension inventories but it works.

Basically using worldprimer I can set it to where the /clear command is used every time the player enters or leaves certain dimensions, I'm using mods like tips and better questing to constantly remind the player to store away their inventory before using portals(Except the end portal, i"ve made it not do the command on the end portal.).