Anyone know of a pack that keeps that vanilla feel?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
That actually sounds very interesting. And I actually was hoping to hear your opinion on this because of some of the stuff you've mentioned in the past. I'm going to have to look into it. I would definitely disable ender IO. I enjoy it, but it does tend to take over. AA, too.

But this is either slightly too late or a little too early. By some miracle, I've convinced everyone to give infinity expert mode a shot, and I've gotta at least give it one go after I sold it.

But Doc, didn't you start this thread to find a pack that feels like vanilla? Kinda went the other way with that one there, didn't ya? Listen, don't judge me, lol. Sometimes I'm not really sure what I want until it hits, lol. I actually think it has a chance of hitting the note I was looking for. But more importantly, i have unfinished business with infinity.

Infinity was already at the end of it's prime when I discovered Minecraft. It was the first thing I ever tried. I was so crazy overwhelmed with it. Completely lost, but winging it anyway. Never really did anything the way it was intended. Now, I'm a grizzled vet. I'm gonna pop into hard mode and crush it.

Meanwhile, the skittish friend that doesn't like complexity, she'll build the castle walls, I'll wire em. Adventure guy with go gather random stuff, I'll build an inventory management system. I think it'll work. Then I'll play shneekey's pack when it all blows up.in my face.
The 1.12.2 version of ShneekeyCraft will not come with AA installed, you will be pleased to note. And if you want to check out the 1.10.2 version, you'll be happy to see the 'edit mods' button on the instance in the ATLauncher UI where you can disable any mod which you deem fit (such as EnderIO).

One of the other things I can do is have both RS and IC2 available as 'optional' and set a 'mutually exclusive' flag on them, so you can pick which one you would prefer to use, or neither if you so wish. Originally, I was trying to get a different mod called Simple Storage Network to fill this role, but the lack of auto-crafting ultimately spelled its doom. Still, I can permit it as a third option if you like.

I will not be significantly editing the recipes, unless a major 'unwanted synergy' shows itself. Right now, I'm managing to release without using CraftTweaks, and I'm really preferring to stay that way if at all possible.

Agricraft just released an 'unstable alpha' to 1.12.2. If they can finally make it stable (1.10.2's offering really wasn't), I may well be using Agricraft heavily. As in disabling the various 'gardens' from Pam's in worldgen, and the only way to obtain Pam's Harvestcraft crops would be through crossbreeding. And there's going to be a hunger overhaul type mod to bring food back into balance so there's actually a reason to do crossbreeding.

As far as a 'vanilla plus' pack... sure, that's possible. Let's see...

JEI, naturally, will be involved. TOP as well. Some kind of minimap. Dynamic Surroundings, as an option, since it just makes changes to how the game sounds. Inventory Tweaks and Mouse Tweaks for convenience sake. That's the baseline.

From there, you can add Storage Drawers and Iron Chests for storage options outside the vanilla, but nothing really outside the box.

Tinker's Construct, of course, for better, but still ultimately vanilla-esque tools.

Aaaand... there you go. Vanilla Plus. No power systems, no magic systems, nothing too crazy. You've got tools that are modular and repairable instead of being constantly replaced, you've got a couple of extra storage options, and a few Quality of Life improvements... but overall, it's mostly vanilla and should retain the vanilla flavor you are looking for.

Reactions: glepet1962