Anyone Interested in a Succession Game of DF?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you who don't know, Dwarf Fortress is the best game ever to be made (semi-joking). Here's a basic feature list on the game's site: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/features.html

For those of you who DO know what DF is, and want to do a succession game:

I'd like to do a DF succession game. On the other hand, I can't really be the manager, so I'd need someone else to organize all of the diary-sections and all the saves, and eventually edit everything together for the participants to show to their friends and families.

I'd like to allow the use of the Lazy Newb Pack and some DFHack utilities like digv and autolabor/autobutcher/workflow, even if it's more casual than usual. I mean, Dwarf Fortress + DFHack goes from a game of Dwarfy difficulty down to a game of only hardcore difficulty. :p

For worldgen, the parameters I'd like to use are:
World Size: Medium (doesn't really matter)
History: Medium (doesn't really matter)
Number of Civilizations: High (doesn't really matter; but I've never gotten sieged or gotten to the HFS [whatever that is])
Maximum Number of Sites: Medium (doesn't really matter)
Number of Beasts: High (yay! more challenge!)
Natural Savagery: High (yay! more challenge!)
Mineral Occurence: Frequent (yay! less challenge!)

So, pretty much a x10 world - more difficulty, more resources

In the event that the world lasts longer than the length of the list of people, we'll wrap back around to the beginning of the list.

Please respond if you're able to participate/function as editor and organizer. :)

Current Participates:
Editor:
None

Players:
1. Type1Ninja

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm just posting cuz I loved DF, and I wanna keep an eye if this gets any traction.
( I don't plan on playing...that menu interface drives me nuts and i dont have the patience to re-learn it these days)

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to take a gander at the setup. Not sure I have the time to do it despite loving Dwarf Fortress, though.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Type1Ninja