Anyone here from asia / oceania

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GhostEth

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, anyone here from Asia / NZ / Aus. It happens that I can't find mine-mate around here that's communicate in English(I assume Thai people don't even know FTB). To be honest, I feel lonely. I try to avoid US server due to ping. EU servers are even worse (Thai internet extremely suck). I just want to have some friends to play minecraft with.
Feel free to add me on skype : ghosteth.
Sorry if my post is not at the right place or annoying you.

Sub

Jul 29, 2019
I currently live in the middle east so I don't think that is good enough for you.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure there are tons of people from Australia and NZ, not sure about the other places though.

CascadingDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I convinced my girlfriend to play it when I was in Australia, and she likes it. I left, and she still plays on my America server. She says the latency isn't too bad, as long as she isn't trying to kill anything. Even then, with her MPS armor, it isn't an issue.

GhostEth

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah well, I'm fine with the US ping.. just can't fight anything. Guess I'll have to keep playing after midnight with you guys.

extrem09

Jul 29, 2019
I live in melbourne, and let me tell, you I can't stand how half the servers I play on, have massive lag, I have even had dropouts. I think part of our problem in australia is that we are so far away from other parts of the world and also that we have much slower internet connections. For example where I live, I can only get Telstra/bigpond connection, well I can get others, but they have to use telstra lines, and telstra just has such a large monopoly in australian internet. My internet speeds, from speedtest.net, are about 12mbps down and 1mbps up. Which is fairly good for my area, but just terrible for most other parts of the world. This is one reason why you just don't really find that many good large Australian servers.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I'm from Singapore, tried a few Australian servers but all of their latency is too much for me, strangely some EU and NA servers are actually better.

sks0315

Jul 29, 2019
I'm Korean, and have 100Mps internet.:p
Even with this super fast internet, I get lag on western server.:mad:
My ping to www.google.co.kr(Google Korea) is 48ms, but ping to cube.jl2579.net(cubekrowd creative server) is 324ms, which is longer than a minecraft tick(200ms).
So I can't play on western server....
f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif

Singleplayer FTW!!!

InfamousAsHell

Jul 29, 2019
I'm Korean, and have 100Mps internet.:p
Even with this super fast internet, I get lag on western server.:mad:
My ping to www.google.co.kr(Google Korea) is 48ms, but ping to cube.jl2579.net(cubekrowd creative server) is 324ms, which is longer than a minecraft tick(200ms).
So I can't play on western server....
f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif

Singleplayer FTW!!!
324 ms ping and you are complaining? Wow really? There is no satisfying some people.