Anyone else having issues with multiple Jar mods?

Flenix

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone else who makes modpacks is getting issues when using more than one jar mod.
Obviously, it most cases jar mods must be installed in a certain order. In MultiMC, they install alphabetically from the Instmods folder; but in FTB I'm not quite sure how it works.

I've got Forge, Player API and Render Player API- All of which are required by a couple of mods. For some reason, around 50% of the time render API installs itself before Forge, then Forge overwrites some classes and stops it working, resulting with a launch error.

It's an issue I've mentioned to Watchful before, but I know he's busy so I don't want to pester about it too much. Does anyone else know of the issue, and if there's any way I can fix it on my end?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
For some unexplained reason, the launcher guys decided to make a special case for forge. If the file is named "MinecraftForge.zip", it always loads it last. Renaming it to something else should make it load in normal alphabetical order.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Had a talk with jjw and figured out the problem. MultiMC makes a file in each instance telling it what order to load the jar mods. The FTB launcher does not. It does load them in alphabetical order, but jj says "last in classpath is 1st into jar". So it's actually REVERSE alphabetical order. So if you want forge to load first, name it last.