Anyone care to enlighten me on what this place is?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

SiliticX

Jul 29, 2019
II'm on FTB Ultimate and just stumbled on this... there doesnt seem to be anything to do with it, it's just...there.

There's pillar-like walls outside if that helps.

2vq4n.jpg

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
That is a vanilla structure called a desert temple. Under the blue block in a 3x3 area is a pit with some chests at the bottom. Be careful - directly under the blue wool is a pressure plate that activates TNT.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Also there'll be a dark node somewhere in close proximity of the desert temple, which will relentlessly spawn wisps until you get out of there.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. In fact, if you had Goggles of Revealing, you would be able to see the node in that picture.

It's invisible otherwise.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Also there'll be a dark node somewhere in close proximity of the desert temple, which will relentlessly spawn wisps until you get out of there.

not true, its a normal node, not dark, dark only spawn in thaumcraft dungeons.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
You need 8 nether stars and a wireless redstone transmitter to craft Skype now.

and assemble it in an cablosion supercondernuclear modular impressor macerator automatic diesel extractor because you can't do it in a normal crafting table because its too OP.

Reactions: goreae

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I went on a server, changed the TNT for 1 nuke and 8 industrial TNT, and the stone pressure plate for a wooden. I threw my friend in the hole and then a feather into the pressure plate. I feel sorry for what I did for him. But at the next one we found, he threw me at the hole.
He is a fun guy.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Completely wrong. Like this:
cablosionsupercondernuclearmodularimpressormaceratorautomaticdieselextractor
*cue piano*
That's the gregtech way!
*jazz hands*

The BetterThanWolves way: combine an Ender Pearl and an Auditory Thingamabob in an Anvil. The Auditory Thingamabob is made from dropping wolf dung into a jukebox playing CAT, and then drowning the Wolf.

The Vanilla Way: Jukebox surrounded by Ender Pearls.

The TerraFirmaCraft way variant 1: Skypium can only be found way, way, way, way, way, way deep Underground in strata of Dolomite. Once you get it, put it in a Bloomery with a Silicon Basin beneath it. Once you collect the molten Skypium, get it into your molding table and pour it into an Ender Pearl mold.

The TerraFirmaCraft way variant 2: Skype doesn't fit into the philosophy of TerraFirmaCraft; therefore it's unobtainable.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Easy, someone posts to ask what something is, and it happens to be a vanilla feature that is in the game since quite a while now (1.3 update).

It also happens that the screenshot contains a popup from skype, so people are going a little astray after the answer had been given.
Hey, I started that.

I feel special.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
The BetterThanWolves way: combine an Ender Pearl and an Auditory Thingamabob in an Anvil. The Auditory Thingamabob is made from dropping wolf dung into a jukebox playing CAT, and then drowning the Wolf.

The Vanilla Way: Jukebox surrounded by Ender Pearls.

The TerraFirmaCraft way variant 1: Skypium can only be found way, way, way, way, way, way deep Underground in strata of Dolomite. Once you get it, put it in a Bloomery with a Silicon Basin beneath it. Once you collect the molten Skypium, get it into your molding table and pour it into an Ender Pearl mold.

The TerraFirmaCraft way variant 2: Skype doesn't fit into the philosophy of TerraFirmaCraft; therefore it's unobtainable.

Buildcraft way: You need to craft wooden skype pipe to send messages, golden skype pipe to recieve messages and a diamond skype pipe to assign messages to correct tabs. Otherwise they go in random tabs. If you don't read messages fast enough, they spill out of your computer and create World Lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.