Anybody Used a Sortron to Build a Potion Brewing System Yet?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any designs to show off?

I have yet to take the time to learn the new commands that come with the sortron, but I think it'd be really cool to link it up to the rest of the sorting system and call out the ingredients you need. So, you tell it that you need 1 nether wart in the top slot and 3 water bottles in the bottom slots of stands 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, and then 30 seconds later call out for the next ingredient and so on until the potions are at the final stage where it automatically pulls them all out and into an output chest. Each group of commands could be easily linked together under one word, so you could further link them together to get health II potions, 8:00 fire resist potions and whatever else you feel necessary to go out all brewing while you work in your base.

Of course, if you're playing with ic2, quantum armor makes this rather pointless... but where's the fun in god mode?

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Oh, I linked one of those the other day, hold on while I check my posts, I'll edit it in ...

Oh, and the one I've linked is rather old, TE can fill water bottles, so every aspect can be automated now.

And amusingly

even in vanilla

Reactions: ff255away

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
I saw that first one! Its awesome! I'm thinking on a larger scale and with a single input (the computer). So that you can type in, healing and get 3 healing II potions, instead of manually tracking each potion's brewing inventory and such.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I feel that setting up an entire sortron is a bit much for just a potions system. I personally have set up just a bunch of sorting machines labeling each item and telling it to which brewing machine it must go to. This is all automated with the help of a witch farm powered by a tier five soul shard.

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not looking for 5000 potions sitting around, waiting to be used, though. The sortron would basically have the recipes saved into it, so that when you asked for a certain number of x brand of potion it would produce them on the spot. Like a bar or restaurant, instead of a factory. It would be compact, and leave a relatively small footprint in the server processes.

And I know how it would work, it is a relatively simple idea. I was more interested if anybody had done it before. But thank you for the explanation ICountFrom0.

Last_Dovahkiin

Nov 2, 2015
As ICount stated, TE can fill water bottles, meaning all aspects can be automated. In fact, if you have the right combo of mods, you can automate the whole thing. Imagine using Thermal Expansion for the potion brewing and ingredient creation, Mystical Agriculture to grow the crops for making blaze powder and the main brewing ingredients, and Computercraft to automate brewing of specific potions with the specified quantity. Now that would be amazing.