Anybody tried to replicate Silverwood saplings with UU-Matter?

EricBuist

Hi,
In FTB Monster, I had quite a bit of trouble finding Silverwood trees and aura nodes. Yesterday I got some logs and a single sapling that I will use to plant a tree near my base and thus get an handy aura node. But before planting the sapling, I thought about scanning it with the IC2 Scanner so I would be able to replicate it using the Replicator. Ideally, if I could get 5-6 of these and plant them, I would have a couple of aura nodes right near my base and even though there are invisible for me (even through the thaumometer), getting near the trees with my wand would recharge it. I also researched the node preserver, so I should not completely drain the nodes.

Just getting the Scanner and my first Crystal Memory took me a while, then I tried to scan a piece of amber to make sure the scanned item wouldn't disappear after being transferred on the crystal. After a while, I started to get error messages about energy loss, then the scan completed with an error.
I was powering the scanner with a Railcraft steam turbine, so maybe not enough EU's, but I cannot think of anything more powerful, except a nuclear reactor I don't want to enter in yet (seems quite hairy).
Then I found out that getting the pattern storage and replicator requires uncraftable reinforced stone (at least from NEI). I read from forum posts that reinforced stone now requires CF sprayer, canning machine and iron scaffolding. Before trying to craft all this, I would like to know if somebody already succeeded in replicating Silverwood saplings or other Taumcraft items.

Although this seems a bit crazy, I prefer this to searching other Silverwood trees, randomly right-clicking with my wand everywhere until I find an aura node by chance, or fiddle with upgrading/downgrading/reinstalling graphic driver, trying with other graphic cards I don't have and reinstalling all my OS while at it, just in case it would allow at some point to see the aura nodes!

Thanks for any help.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, IC2 allows only a handful of recipes to be made with it's liquid UUM system. You'd be better off getting Ex Nihlio which has a Skyblock recipe for many Thaumcraft recipes.

EricBuist

Hi,
Thanks. I just tried to scan a diamond, got its pattern saved on a crystal memory and the diamond went away after scan completed. So I won't test with a Silverwood sapling, because it would go away and then I wouldn't be sure to have enough UU and EU to replicate a new sapling. I thus planted the sapling.
Ex Nihlio is not part of FTB monster. Seems that people are using more and more mods not part of monster pack, which makes me believe I picked the wrong mod pack.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Ex Nihlio is not part of FTB monster. Seems that people are using more and more mods not part of monster pack, which makes me believe I picked the wrong mod pack.

People tend to take a pack and modify it. So no matter which pack you choose you'll have this problem.

Reactions: YX33A

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Thanks. I just tried to scan a diamond, got its pattern saved on a crystal memory and the diamond went away after scan completed. So I won't test with a Silverwood sapling, because it would go away and then I wouldn't be sure to have enough UU and EU to replicate a new sapling. I thus planted the sapling.
Nah you didn't pick the wrong pack, people just add mods to certain packs or make their own. ExNilo is actually a part of the skyblock pack agrarian skies.

Reactions: YX33A and Padfoote

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
If it worked on the silverwood salpling, which I doubt it would, one could make infinite saplings with the crystal memory for it.

That said, farm Pech. They drop some very useful objects.

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwood saplings are a cheap 512 AV in Aethercraft. If I needed any more I could quickly replicate them.