Anybody know a TRUE, cheap replacement for pneumatic tubes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to know of a mod that has a true replacement for the RP pneumatic tubes. I mean that are cheap (not like LP's) and that always look for an inventory to put items in (not like BC'). Insertion pipes still don't work exactly like them.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm not using gregtech in my pack.
Generally, if someone is asking for something to use as a replacement for x, it implies that they are willing to install a mod to be able to fill that need. However, I can certainly understand a specific dislike of GT.

Having said that, there... aren't a lot of options for you, but here's what I've found so far:

1) Applied Energistics. While kind of 'pricy', and really more designed for base automation, it really does excel at that task. Generally more useful on the macro scale than something small like hooking up a few machines together, though.

2) Extra Utilities has Transfer Nodes and Transfer Pipes. These things are really quite amazing. You'll need a Node on each inventory you want something pulled into or out of, but it has a very simple and elegant logic behind the item transportation, won't spit things out, and isn't expensive to create. Can also be used to sort items to a specific destination and filter items at an intersection.

3) Infinitubes. They require power upkeep, but they aren't too expensive and does what you want them to do.

4) Mekanism has an item routing system they are working on. Not sure how done it is, though.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
AE, does everything you want and nothing you don't. That's the best solution and again while expensive, you can usually get a small ae system going within your second or third (minecraft) night of mining

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
AE, does everything you want and nothing you don't. That's the best solution and again while expensive, you can usually get a small ae system going within your second or third (minecraft) night of mining
I do? Wow... Wheres it at then? I don't see it anywhere... And i'm on like day 16. Oh right... YOU, Have it in your second or third night mining..... Sorry, just irks me when i see that.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get your initial nether quartz so fast (for the fluix)? 3 -Minecraft days- which is one RL hour of play. It would take that long to set up the portal.
What exactly is your idea of a small AE system? I'm guessing a controller and ME chest with storage and a couple of basic import/export busses (as I assume OP wants to automate, not merely store things).
How do you get it so fast?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get your initial nether quartz so fast (for the fluix)? 3 -Minecraft days- which is one RL hour of play. It would take that long to set up the portal.
What exactly is your idea of a small AE system? I'm guessing a controller and ME chest with storage and a couple of basic import/export busses (as I assume OP wants to automate, not merely store things).
You could do what I have done once or twice; get it via EE3. I don't remember if it's possible without Equivalency, but seriously, it should be in FTB.

Also a ME Chest and a power supply is the smallest AE system one can build. No need for a controller unless you are using a storage drive thingy. I have a ME Chest for debugging, usually. It's not connected to my main network(though I may add a connection via a dark cable in later versions).

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
L

Can you not use overworld AE quartz?

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
L

Can you not use overworld AE quartz?
Most recipes require fluix crystals, which are made with 1 nether quartz, 1 certus quartz, and 1 redstone. Back in the Ultimate pack, however, only certus quartz was needed.

Edit: Ninja'd

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You could do what I have done once or twice; get it via EE3. I don't remember if it's possible without Equivalency, but seriously, it should be in FTB.

Also a ME Chest and a power supply is the smallest AE system one can build. No need for a controller unless you are using a storage drive thingy. I have a ME Chest for debugging, usually. It's not connected to my main network(though I may add a connection via a dark cable in later versions).

Can you automate with that setup? When one speaks of a replacement for RP2 tubes they are speaking of automation.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Can you automate with that setup? When one speaks of a replacement for RP2 tubes they are speaking of automation.
Automating wasn't even mentioned in my post, dood. I was talking about AE bootstrapping, dood. Did you even notice this topic shifted onto the topic of AE Bootstrapping, dood?
And as a matter of fact, yeah, you could automate both of those.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Automating wasn't even mentioned in my post, dood. I was talking about AE bootstrapping, dood. Did you even notice this topic shifted onto the topic of AE Bootstrapping, dood?
And as a matter of fact, yeah, you could automate both of those.

Wait, what? did it? when? what?.. >_<.

So you can automate with just a ME chest and the appropriate buses? Last time I tried (mindcrack 1.4) it didn't work.