Anybody else experimenting with Thermal Expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I ended up getting luck with gold early on and opted to start my system out with Thermal Expansion, expanding into IC2 largely just to play with the GregTech stuff (my macerator's largely for the idiotic amount of Bauxite I had to process).

It's seeming to do all right without much maintenance required, particularly with the Crucible-Magmatic loops you can make and the lack of cable/pipe-running required. There's also the joy of how you can build up a system for charging and then deploy the Cells, making running a number of quick "smash and grab" quarries more feasible, in my opinion.

My next project, of course, is making a Railcraft steam boiler "charging station" for the cells. Should be interesting.

So is anybody else finding interesting synergies with some of this stuff? =)

Attachments

• 2012-11-14_15.31.11.png
    242.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 2012-11-14_15.30.02.png
    479.2 KB · Views: 59
Jul 29, 2019
I've been using Thermal Expansion since a 1.4.2-compatible version was released - for me, it was really nice because I could finally justify to myself getting rid of Industrial-Craft (it feels too bland to me). :3

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Here here!
Making a little self sustaining machine for boilers, the only part of it that isn't thermal expansion it the BC pipes and a redstone engine :p
Going to post pictures once it's done. I've been playing so much with thermal expansion now that i got surprised when i weren't able to configure the input/outpur slots of the boiler :p

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Itemducts make for an amazing sorting system, if you aren't using AE (or if you prefer a Logistics Pipes sort of sorting system).

Tesseract + Quarry is all you really need. Tesseracts may now transmit items, liquids, and/or energy. Note, that is and/or not just or. Granted, there's a 25% energy loss doing that, however it's just two blocks and done.

Steam Dynamos can accept any steam, including Factorization and Railcraft steam. Use should be obvious, although Steam Dynamos only produce 40 RF/t (4 MJ/t). They are surprisingly fuel efficient, though. I haven't done a whole bunch of testing, but they seem to be more efficient at using steam to turn into power than any of the RC steam engines. A bit pricy on the copper, though.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Why dude? This thread is a year old and there are current TE threads already active.

m070Chm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.