Any ways to recycle tools and armor?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
by recycle I do not mean ic2 recycle, I mean turn them into some form of something useful by smelting them or using some machine to turn them back into useful things, as I have quite a bit of mekanism armor laying around that is damanged and undamaged but I cannot find anything to use it for, any way to turn this back into raw materials?

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Even osmium tools and whatnot? I did not know tinkers construct could do something like that as I did not see anything called liquid osmium or moltent osmium or anything like that in the list. I shall try to test this now.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, I think you have to have a certain TiC addon for that to work, now that I think about it.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Any other ways? I don't know what addon TiC needs for it to actually work.

Last edited:

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Another possibility is the Uncrafting Table from Twilight Forest, but that takes XP and can give very little or none at all if the tool is very damaged

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I use Minetweaker, with 2 systems. 50% loss on undamaged items using "crude tools" which are consumed. 25% loss when chucked into a Mek Crusher or "cooked", depending on material. I don't believe in 100% efficiency :p

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
The uncrafting table. You get some of the resources back depending on the durability.
(Twilight forest mod)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
Step 1 try all of the above
Step 2 if that fails then do steps 3-6
Step 3 /gamemode c
Step 4 delete armor
Step 5 give yourself materials used to make it
Step 6 /gamemode s

Reactions: adamich

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft & gergtech is optimal mods :)
plus cheat with DartCraft and ComputerCraft: crafting turtle + force rod = a lot of ingots and no damage on force rod

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft & gergtech is optimal mods :)
plus cheat with DartCraft and ComputerCraft: crafting turtle + force rod = a lot of ingots and no damage on force rod
in 1.6
Take a block mover, grab your ME drive, place it in a strongbox set the crafting recipe for an hardened strongbox with that strongbox into a tico crafting station and pump it out with an itemduct with a servo set to only pump hardened strongboxes. Open and close the crafting gui a few time and then look inside the hardened strongboxes produced.

If you want to cheat at least do it the hardcore way lol.

Uberfuzzy

Jul 29, 2019
If your pack has it, the Mariculture 2block smeltery (I think its called a Crucible, sorry, posting from work), will melt down most damaged metal armors, and give you the prorated amount of metal, down to the milibucket. You can tell by opening the Crucible interface, and hover over the armor, and if it added info amount melt point and return, it will melt.

e.g. an iron helmet takes 5 ingots, so a 100% would give 720mb (5x144=720).
a helm with 78% durability would give 561mb (720x.78)
Note: chain gives molten steel (at least in most of the packs I've used)