Any way to reduce waste of MJ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, Forestry, Railcraft AND Buildcraft use an idea from CovertJaguar (and possibly Sengir) which essentially is "all machines draw power while idle" when using BC conductive pipes. However, the TE energy conduits don't work that way, stopping the power draw.

Ah, I didn't realize that. All of my early-game BC consumers are TE machines and I haven't used BC3 conductive pipes in a while, which may explain why power draw isn't usually an issue. When I'm up to the Therm. Fab. and Rolling Machine stage of my game and haven't yet built up power production, I'll wrench the connection on those machines or simply pick (pickaxe) them up to prevent power loss.

I believe MFR MJ consumers are all loss-less. They seem to be in my experience.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, Forestry, Railcraft AND Buildcraft use an idea from CovertJaguar (and possibly Sengir) which essentially is "all machines draw power while idle" when using BC conductive pipes. However, the TE energy conduits don't work that way, stopping the power draw.

Which is pretty damn stupid and adds nothing to the game.

Reactions: PierceSG

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

No they don't. I have a laser array in my 1.5.2 world with all relevant and updated Railcraft, Buildcraft, Forestry and TE versions, with everything hooked up with conduits. And the lasers (and carpenters etc.) happily drain power when idle. Power perdition is a feature of the machine itself and has nothing to do with whatever method is used to deliver power to the machine.

Please test before you make such claims.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Do they consume power in the 1.5 versions aswell? (lasers, carpenters, do, but what about the TE machines?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
TE only updated once since Buildcraft switched design paradigms, and it was a very minor update (removed all loss from conduits to match conductive pipes).

Whether or not TE will implement machine power perdition will have to be seen in the next major update, which will likely come for 1.6.x at an unknown point in time in the future.

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
If you're playing 1.5 (or even 1.6), there's Ender IO. The capacitor dynamically changes when you add blocks to it, so you could just add a whole bunch of capacitor blocks together and have a massive power buffer. ^^

Reactions: PeggleFrank