any way to 'load balance' items properly between 2 or more machines?

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I think Translocators always distribute evenly if there are multiple outputs. The Diamond Nugget is only there to put it in supply mode.

I tested that, and it was not the case. A single source chest and three destination chests had a pretty tremendous difference after emptying.

The only way I could think of (well...I guess you could do it with LP as well) to handle the OP's request is to put something in supply mode.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have time to read this, so I don't know if it's been said yet, but Railcraft Loaders/Unloaders can be really useful for distribution.

CaseyRobinson

Jul 29, 2019
3 ideas come to mind.

The first is computer craft, either with turtles MigukNamja suggested, or with OpenPeripheral and some push() calls on a chest. This is pretty easy if you're familiar with CC.

Second is an MFR Item Router. I think that will be able to split a stack for you.

The third way is to get complicated with BC pipes & gates. Something like extract to wooden with redstone engine/autarchic gate to get single items, accelerate items with gold pipes to space them out. You take that and feed it into a wooden pipe again then an iron pipe. Then you need to toggle the redstone signal to the iron pipe between each item, and viola, even distribution. That signal might be as simple as a gate on the iron pipe configured to output redstone signal when an item is traversing, or it might need to be more complicated, like toggling a latch that sends a redstone signal to the iron pipe each time it gets an item traversing signal. (For bonus points, build the latch logic on the pipe itself with pipewire & gates.) Hmm, easier idea. If you have a constant flow of items, just pulse redstone at the iron pipe at a regular interval, that will get you very close to even distribution without potential RNG hosing.

Oh also bonus 4th idea: Ender chests. Throw all the wood in one, then have each machine pull out with the same single-item mechanics and they should pretty much keep pace with one another. Evaluation order might end up favoring one machine over another if there is underrun.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
3 ideas come to mind.

The first is computer craft, either with turtles MigukNamja suggested, or with OpenPeripheral and some push() calls on a chest. This is pretty easy if you're familiar with CC.

Second is an MFR Item Router. I think that will be able to split a stack for you.

The third way is to get complicated with BC pipes & gates. Something like extract to wooden with redstone engine/autarchic gate to get single items, accelerate items with gold pipes to space them out. You take that and feed it into a wooden pipe again then an iron pipe. Then you need to toggle the redstone signal to the iron pipe between each item, and viola, even distribution. That signal might be as simple as a gate on the iron pipe configured to output redstone signal when an item is traversing, or it might need to be more complicated, like toggling a latch that sends a redstone signal to the iron pipe each time it gets an item traversing signal. (For bonus points, build the latch logic on the pipe itself with pipewire & gates.) Hmm, easier idea. If you have a constant flow of items, just pulse redstone at the iron pipe at a regular interval, that will get you very close to even distribution without potential RNG hosing.

Oh also bonus 4th idea: Ender chests. Throw all the wood in one, then have each machine pull out with the same single-item mechanics and they should pretty much keep pace with one another. Evaluation order might end up favoring one machine over another if there is underrun.

Or just use 2 wooden pipes on 1 chest xD

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization's Router with Machine Filter and Speed upgrade. Skip the Thoroughness upgrade though.

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
This might not be fast enough, but did you consider just a plain'ol vanilla double chest with two hoppers attached to the bottom?