Any way to change this?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I go to my auto XP farm the turtles like to hit me from behind. If I stand behind them they'll hit me if I get too close. Is there any code to change this?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I go to my auto XP farm the turtles like to hit me from behind. If I stand behind them they'll hit me if I get too close. Is there any code to change this?

Are they hitting things in front of them? If not, they are backwards. You can use "turtle.turnLeft()" twice to turn them around.

If they are facing the right direction, then I suggest not standing directly behind them (you may have overlap from another murderturtle that reaches that area). Redesign your system in accordance.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I get the same issue since the 5.1 DW20 update. Standing directly behind a turtle, and I take damage. Turtles are all in a row, with their pointy ends pointing forward.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Yea. They're facing the right away. They attack the blazes that are spawning. But if I stand directly behind them they like to hit me. It makes it a pain to collect excess XP that my Brain in a Jars didn't hold.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yea. They're facing the right away. They attack the blazes that are spawning. But if I stand directly behind them they like to hit me. It makes it a pain to collect excess XP that my Brain in a Jars didn't hold.

I get the same issue since the 5.1 DW20 update. Standing directly behind a turtle, and I take damage. Turtles are all in a row, with their pointy ends pointing forward.

This sounds like an issue with the DireWolf20 5.1 modpack. Can you confirm you are running the same pack.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. I'm assuming this is a glitch if everyone else is having it. I didn't know if there was maybe a code workaround.

NightKev

Jul 29, 2019
It's a known issue with Computercraft 1.5, melee turtles are broken. It will be fixed in 1.51.