Any way of automating the moistener...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
...with only BC stuff?

The apples from my SC tree farm are not quite providing me with enough mulch to "fuel" 3 fermenters and I'm running a very small deficit. The moistener would do the job but I'm having problems automating it with BC pipes. The trouble is that when the last mouldy wheat in ready to change to mulch, the pipe pumping fresh wheat in fills the space where the mulch would eject to, hence jamming up the machine as the mulch now has nowhere to go.

Anyone found a work-around?

I could of course change to compost instead, but that would involve setting up a SC wheat farm and a whole load of additonal automation which I'd rather not do. Apatite is not an option due to it not being renewable and I really don't want to get into bees and tree breeding just yet. Thanks.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
  • Use water and mulch from a wheat farm instead, is better, I can power 9 engines + filling up a tank of biomass.
edit: here, this is my setup.

2e3o9ds.jpg

the pneumatics are where the wheat comes from, the top part is an igneous extruder for cobble, the back is water from an aqueus acummulator.

Exasperation

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of pumping the wheat directly into the moistener, you can pump it into a chest connected to it by a wooden pipe. Put an autarchic gate on the pipe set to "fuel < 25% -> energy pulser". It will pump wheat into the moistener when there is less than 1.5 stacks (because there's some delay, you'll wind up between 1.5 stacks and 2 stacks), then stop until the moistener uses some more of it.

Reactions: baw179

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of pumping the wheat directly into the moistener, you can pump it into a chest connected to it by a wooden pipe. Put an autarchic gate on the pipe set to "fuel < 25% -> energy pulser". It will pump wheat into the moistener when there is less than 1.5 stacks (because there's some delay, you'll wind up between 1.5 stacks and 2 stacks), then stop until the moistener uses some more of it.

Ah! Didn't realise that there would be a < 25% fuel option for that. I reckon that will work - thanks! :D