Any Tips for migrating a server to FTB?

Milso

Jul 29, 2019
I currently am running a server that has most the same mods plus a few. My block/item IDs do not match up with FTB and was wondering if there is a way to convert over with out having to start a new server.

Johnley

Jul 29, 2019
could I get a mod list? and this isn't the proper section, hopefully a mod can move the post.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
This is the server tech support. so this is the correct section. The server "admin section" is for tutorials, guides, tips and tricks. Not questions.

Johnley

Jul 29, 2019
Ack, missed which section i was in. ok.
need:
Mod list, with versions
copy of your configs if possible.

Milso

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks but I ended up just starting a new world :(

Most Mods where already in FTB but my block Ids where different. Tried the program Midas Touch or some thing along those lines but no luck.
If you know any other tricks would be good to know for future usage though.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
i think the only effective and safe way, change all the FTB configs to match the item ID's of your world.

dont kill me if there is a better way. :p

Johnley

Jul 29, 2019
But this might not work with items already in game.
i'll play with it some locally. it would still be great to have your old itemIDs and configs, just to see what would happen.

Milso

Jul 29, 2019
yea then each user had to change to match o well looks like wold reset was only way. Thanks

Johnley

Jul 29, 2019
ah true, because you are also running mods outside of the scope of FTB. sorry I couldn't help more.

Milso

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Johnley

Anemoi

Jul 29, 2019
I saw a id resolver that was recently updated to 1.4.2 but that can be a hassle and it crashed on me a time or two. And it still requires everone to have matching configs

havocx42

Jul 29, 2019
Hi you should check out Midas *GOLD* as it supports the new level format and converting items/ inventories, all that good stuff.
You can find it here: Midas *GOLD*

Create an issue on the Google Code page if you have any problems, thanks.