Any tip to make Minecraft [modded/vanilla] fun again ?

WavingStory

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, I love Minecraft, I can't lie about it. But since some months, I started getting really bored in it, I can't mine without feeling bored, explore without feeling bored, craft without feelings bored, you pretty guessed it, I can't do anything without beeing bored. I really want some tips so I can have fun as I did before in Minecraft. So, any ? Also, somethings pisses me off:

- The fact I can't build a nice house / base.
- My general unprofessionalism.
- Doing the same things over again.
- No objectives...
- My laziness to do anything.
- These boring graphics
- No music
- All my generated biomes looks the same. Nothing beautiful.
- Low FPS with Intel iCore i5, NVIDIA GTX 660 and 8 Go RAM, Optifine & Fastcraft. (30FPS, I have a 144Hz monitor), only when those damn chunks generates
- When Modded goes crazy, aka long chunk glitch, you know, these long lines of corrupted chunks that have just generated, and there's no way to fix them !

Last edited:

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest just taking a break from minecraft for a bit then, play some other games, and then get back to minecraft when you feel like it? I know that's probably the opposite of what you want to hear, but it's helped me back when I stopped being interested in it.

Reactions: Fuzzbling

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
^What he said. Really. I've seen it with everyone. Just take a break and after a while it will call to you.

It also helps to have friend to play, for example, ME^3 with.
Or, switch modpacks. For example from DW20 to Resurrection (with Gregtech) (or even modpack supplier, like FTB / technic)

gukliuyk

Jul 29, 2019
I've got the same thing but when i get a base going and it starts to speed up its much more exciting also i try to mix it up with different start middle and endgame strategies dont have to always do the same thing the same way you could try to complicate things aswell to do things the most complex way you can think of

Fuzzbling

Jul 29, 2019
USA
Exactly what @boondockArtist and @triblades said. I typically only do a lot of gaming during the winter months, and then take a break in the Summer. By the time next fall rolls around, I'm looking forward to more Minecraft and other games. I've also found that the older I get, the less video games in general hold my attention, forcing me to take more and more short breaks.

Necrovarius

Jul 29, 2019
I feel the need to ask this. How are u running it at 30 fps. I have an i7, gtx 550ti, and the same ram. And I run at 300fps.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Take a break as others have said, or maybe try a modpack that really changes things around a bit! I was in a bit of a funk with Minecraft as well, but playing Agrarian Skies really helped with that - because it's so different (bugger all mining!) and with the quests and everything, that felt really fresh and revitalised my love of the game! And now, as I am approaching the endgame (well, as far as I'm going to play), I'm actually really looking forward to doing some good old-fashioned mining again! :D

So that would be my main recommendation - even if not in another game, try something different in Minecraft!

If you don't fancy a skyblock, maybe something like @Eyamaz 's Blood N Bones - a much harder survival experience, tougher recipes, and a true technology progression that utilises all the mods!

Also, as the others have said, play with other people. That makes a huge difference - working together to build something, and even just the social aspect, is wholly different to playing alone.

You'll find your love of it again :)

- GwnG

EDIT
: Texture Packs! There are so many out there, and some are absolutely beautiful - If you're finding it boring to look at, give that a go :)

Silmargt

Jul 29, 2019
Also even if you don't wish to take a break a good thing to do to get rid of the pesky general laggyness is to insure that the graphics settings (depending on the modpack you are using) are set properly for your system and that you alot the appropriate amount of ram to it. And that the server is not being run off of a machine that cannot handle the stress of a minecraft server (aka most home pcs) lol.

But for fun you can always try to recreate a famous structure or such (like the people who built the star trek enterprise [too much time on their hands imo lol]) but other then that you can join pvp servers where people build bases and weaponry and try to fight eachother that can be a blast. In the end tho taking a break is not always a bad thing because too much of a single game no matter how good the game can lead to it seeming stale.

Best of wishes to you and your gaming fun! <(o.<) <(o.o)> (>.o)>

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Besides the option of just taking a break (which does work sometimes, took a break once for a few months and came back full blast) you could try to fix some of those things that annoy you that are "fully" under your control (not the corrupt chunks sadly) and change them. I was feeling pretty bored with having very short term goals and not building worth anything, so I tried making my goal just to improve my bases' looks and got interested again (this of course may not work for you, but it is my two cents I guess you could say.)