Any plans to make the launcher usable offline?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

AstronautG117

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to save all the data locally so that I could use the different mod packs and maps offline. Right now if I'm not connected to the internet, the options don't show up and I can't play on the mod pack. Any fixes/any planned fixes for this?

Edit: I've also been having the same problem as others with the launcher giving the
[ERROR] Exception during reading modpackfile
I feel as though being able to have the mods offline would fix problems like this, while only needing to connect to the internet if you want to update/download new modpacks/maps.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Yes there is, it will work simular to the minecraft offline mode in that you'll have to log in once first.
Also, from what i've heard you won't be able to enter offline mode yourself, instead it will use offline mode if the FTB servers are down or you'r unable to connect to the internet.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Locking this thread.

Version 1.0.3:

• Enabled Maps tab.
  • Danish localization file created. (Thanks Silwing)
  • Portuguese (Brazil and Europe) localization file created. (Thanks SandroHc)
  • Toss error on no profile selected.
  • "Fixed" login data encryption method.
  • Implemented ability to play offline if mod pack is previously downloaded and minecraft servers are down.
  • Add in ability to back up config files on mod pack update.

Status
Not open for further replies.