Any mod that links worlds?

Jordor

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, MYSTCRAFT! hello ftb community, i am calling for your knowledge!

yeah, lost of worlds linked toghether with those mighty books of time and space travel... myscraft makes it.

i was wondering if there is any way of taking profit of this: create a world and manually changing the regions, so you can access to previous servers!

Or there is maybe a mod that already does that?

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
Are you wanting a mod that "connects" different saves together...? Which would require the need to load multiple games on 1 system/server. Causing a lot of lag...

Or you just talking nether, end, overworld and any myst craft ages..?

If second then you have linking books which should exist in most mod packs..

Jordor

Jul 29, 2019
Are you wanting a mod that "connects" different saves together...? Which would require the need to load multiple games on 1 system/server. Causing a lot of lag...

Or you just talking nether, end, overworld and any myst craft ages..?

If second then you have linking books which should exist in most mod packs..

It's kinda like connecting different worlds, but only the Overworld, taken from other saves just to make them accessible like another age[DOUBLEPOST=1371390264][/DOUBLEPOST]as you say, linking books. But is there any way of doing that? Or you just create a mystcraft age then erase all region and put your own region files?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
There's this magical tool called MCEdit that you could use to scramble the overworlds from your past servers all around your server's overworld so you can provide intralinking linking books to go and travel to them.

You could also put the other overworlds in a separate dimension (nether, the end, twilight forest/custom mystcraft/dimensional doors age) and provide normal linking books to their ages, although that might screw with the world gen a bit once you generate terrain beyond the place that you imported. (You'll see some ugly chunk borders and cutoffs)

Jordor

Jul 29, 2019
There's this magical tool called MCEdit that you could use to scramble the overworlds from your past servers all around your server's overworld so you can provide intralinking linking books to go and travel to them.

You could also put the other overworlds in a separate dimension (nether, the end, twilight forest/custom mystcraft/dimensional doors age) and provide normal linking books to their ages, although that might screw with the world gen a bit once you generate terrain beyond the place that you imported. (You'll see some ugly chunk borders and cutoffs)

Hey thanks! I will check it out as soon as possible :D

Jordor

Jul 29, 2019
As i said, i checked MCedit and its a great program, pretty need!

BUT... i am so noob here i'll have to learn some things, and first, why don't mystraft ages show as dimensions?!

well, i'll look for this specific help in the correct forums. Although it may be okay to PASTE all my worlds in one dimension, i don't really care about strange corners.