Any list of what mods are connected?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Illmad

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm really only interested in a handful of mods, and I prefer using FTB instead of doing it myself because it's easier. Though one thing has always bugged me, and that is that I often find it impossible to tell what mods are connected. Like, there are many mods that are connected that have completely unrecognizable / different and unrelated names. Some mods require a handful of smaller mods in order to work, and even their addons even require their own support mods. Is there any list that tells what mods are connected so that I can deactivate what I won't be using anyway?

Illmad

Jul 29, 2019
I could. But there should still be a list over what mods require each other to run, so that inexperienced players can easily remove what disinterests them without creating a broken gaming experience.
I did it yesterday by Google's help with the mod names I was uncertain of, and even then took me fifteen minites to figure out what collection of mods worked together. Still, when I managed to start the game, it crashed to desktop once I right clicked something in NEI, and I have no clue what causes that. Gonna have to look over it more thorough after work today.

In my opinion the FTB launcher should have descriptions for the included mods when mousing over them. Either that, or the "edit mod pack" should display the mods in folders, so if we disable a core mod, we disable everything related to it. Would make things a whole lot easier.

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
maybe this website could help making things quicker, if your modpack is in the list (or choose one with the biggest list).
At least it provides a link to the original post/thread and who made it.

Reactions: Illmad

Illmad

Jul 29, 2019
maybe this website could help making things quicker, if your modpack is in the list (or choose one with the biggest list).
At least it provides a link to the original post/thread and who made it.
Thanks, that helps a lot :)

FIFTEEN MINUTES!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god!!!! How are you alive, I hope you took breaks... You are amazing sir, 15 whole minutes, wow just wow.
Fix your signature. You didn't help at all.

Illmad

Jul 29, 2019
The wiki (http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Main_Page) pages for mods has a section in the infobox called "Depends on" that should list hte mods it requires
That's more what I'm talking about!
Would still be useful with a "Needed for" section. Like, if we're in the Buildcraft coremod page in the wiki, it displays all mods that requires it to run.
But hey, gotta work with what's available right now. Thanks :)

Also, for everyone annoyed at why this is so important to me; I once had an issue where the mod pack I was using updated every day, so I had to remove the undesired mods each time. The argument could be made that I just make a list of which ones to deactivate. Truth is partially that I'm lazy, and partially that new mods and addons are made all the time, which again comes back to me being too lazy to pay attention.
Hate me for it all you want, I don't care. I just try to find the easiest option that require the least amount of usage of my brain. It's a fragile thing that doesn't like it too much when I pester it to mess around with computer things.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
That's more what I'm talking about!
Would still be useful with a "Needed for" section. Like, if we're in the Buildcraft coremod page in the wiki, it displays all mods that requires it to run.
That's actually a good idea. I may just add that to the template in an hour or so.

Reactions: Narc and Illmad

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
As far as figuring out what things are required by a mod, that can be as simple as plopping it into an instance and watching the message "Mod [x] depends on [Y], which was not present". It's much tougher the other way (e.g., if you remove Modular Powersuits, you can also remove Numina, but the game will still run with it left in), but it's also much less important (as it just won't do anything, usually).

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
Forge does put lines like this into its log:
Code:
[FINEST] [MineFactoryReloaded] Parsed dependency info : [PowerCrystalsCore@[1.1.8,), Forge@[9.11.1.953,)] [Forge@[9.11.1.953,), PowerCrystalsCore@[1.1.8,), BuildCraft|Core, BuildCraft|Factory, BuildCraft|Energy, BuildCraft|Builders, BuildCraft|Transport, IC2] []

This tells you that MFR requires PowerCrystalsCore (specifically version 1.1.8 or above) and MinecraftForge (specifically version 9.11.1.953 or above) and has some interaction with Buildcraft and IC2 in a way that it wants to load before or after them if they are there.