Any ideas for Thaumaturgy Labs?

DrEinsteinium

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys! If you didn't already know, Thaumcraft 3 has been released for 1.4.5! Unfortunately Feed the Beast hasn't updated yet, and I'm assuming they're waiting for the release of RedPower to update, but you can play TC3 on a 1.4.5 test world with some other mods without id conflicts :)

So, with all of that being said, does anyone have any cool ideas for Thaumcraft builds? I've already found a large hill which had a large dungeon inside filled with mossy cobble, cobble, and one skeleton and one zombie spawner.

I decided to make my house inside of the hill because I thought it was pretty cool!

ba391f8e80064d4c9c9d86e.png

The reason I'm assuming the hilly dungeon was generated via Thaumcraft is because of the giant aura node inside! It was conveniently placed in a gap much like this one here. Note that the warded stone was something I placed. It isn't naturally generated in the dungeon.

af2a1fd8c05749ce81909e1.png

Here's a picture of my Thaumcraft work area :) I tried to make it all magical and creepy-looking. The candles on the wall are from Forestry, the candle on the table is from Thaumcraft.

MUtQR.png

Here's a picture of my arcane furnace. I drop ores in through the trap door you can see in the first picture and ingots+nuggets come out and get fed into the Hungry Chest infront. The golem then takes the items from the hungry chest and carries them to my ingots and metals chest. The blocks infront of the hungry chest are an Arcane Levitator from Thaumcraft and a World Anchor from Railcraft. The brain in a jar also picks up any experience I may miss from the Arcane Furnace

6d206a50085442b99ffded8.png

Here is a picture of my nether wart farm using a Brainy Straw Golem and a Strong Wooden Golem. They harvest and pickup all of the fully-grown nether warts and place them in the enderchest.

d7abfef3ed024a09b1077a1.png

Using a different enderchest I have a stone golem carrying the nether warts and other brewing supplies over to my iron chest next to the brewing stands. My Brainy Clay Golem keeps that chest supplied with 3 bottles of water at all times :)

4da7bcd34f4c4925a574df2.png

The rest of my house is just my not-so-magical machine room filled with Thermal Expansion machines and a Railcraft Iron Tank filled with lava. I'm using a magma crucible burning netherrack + 5 magmatic engines to power all of the machines. I'm using the conduits and redstone storage cells as well.

KV6Ud.png

That's pretty much my whole place :) I'm loving this Thaumcraft 3 mod and I hope you enjoyed these pictures. If you haven't tried TC3 yet or you are hesitant too I highly suggest you head over to Azanor's thread and try it out! It's absolutely amazing!

Also, if you have tried the mod and you have a lab going feel free to show off your pictures :)! I'd love to see other peoeple's ideas

OtakuD

Jul 29, 2019
Just be warned that when FTB releases I doubt the block ids will match your version so you will need to convert all your TC3 ids to the ones they use in their config. That said, is there any chance of getting a "preview" config file to use so we can indeed use TC3 without this problem occurring? Would REALLY like to delve into it as with EE2 missing there isnt much "magic" in the world :)

Reactions: Confidential1207

DrEinsteinium

Jul 29, 2019
From what I'm assuming Otaku is that all the mods already have their own ID ranges as all of them were somewhat developed for the Forgecraft. HOPEFULLY the ID ranges wont be shifted but who knows. Plus I'm also going to re-create a world with the redpower gen :) I just wanted to play around with Thaumcraft's stuff today

OtakuD

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah if you look at the configs they've moved Builcraft to 500, IC2 to the 600 range, etc which are not their "default" ids but nicely grouped for NEI, I would imaging that TC3 would lie at the end of those but who knows.... Been such a long wait since 1.2.5 to have the "fully modded" MC experience kinda getting tired of looking for updates -.-'

DrEinsteinium

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah if you look at the configs they've moved Builcraft to 500, IC2 to the 600 range, etc which are not their "default" ids but nicely grouped for NEI, I would imaging that TC3 would lie at the end of those but who knows.... Been such a long wait since 1.2.5 to have the "fully modded" MC experience kinda getting tired of looking for updates -.-'
I know that the Redpower release has been long awaited, and theres a lot of controversy on how Eloraam should be acting, but I'd rather see her not acting and actually working on the release.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
For the dungeon and the node, I don't think TC3 caused the dungeon to spawn but rather the reverse, because the dungeon was there a node spawned. That particular node looks like the black hole one that was brought up on the main thread, and from what I gather bad stuff can come through it. Other structures that I've seen powerful nodes around were inside of pyramids (also on the main thread) and in my own test world there is a node with nearly 1k aura directly above a swamp hut.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
My idea for a tc base?
Mystcraft world: single biome; mushroom island; flat; always day; no weather.

OtakuD

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, I don't even know what the "controversy" is, first I heard of it... All I know is that MC isn't quite what it used to be with EE2 and RP2 gone and it has been missed. I appreciate that EE3 will change for the better and be less of a "god mode" now but yeah, still doesn't make me miss them any less nor does it make checking for updates each day any easier. Well I for one can't wait for the mod API sometime next year, then once the mod is done that should be that, no more painful updates ever again! >.<

Also Ive had a look at the ids of TC3, they fit in at 2400 ish which is suspiciously the "next in line" for FTB ids... Hopefully this might mean that stuff created with it won't break when FTB updates! :D

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
For the dungeon and the node, I don't think TC3 caused the dungeon to spawn but rather the reverse, because the dungeon was there a node spawned. That particular node looks like the black hole one that was brought up on the main thread, and from what I gather bad stuff can come through it. Other structures that I've seen powerful nodes around were inside of pyramids (also on the main thread) and in my own test world there is a node with nearly 1k aura directly above a swamp hut.

He made a good point though in that the node seemed awfully conveniently placed in its own little ditch dead center, and that it was a very unusual dungeon (two spawners in one?).

@ DrEinsteinium, I have to agree with Daemonblue though, you picked a rather bad node to settle next to. As you can read in the Thaumonomicon, there are multiple node types, and this would be a corrupted one :p

I wouldn't be surprised if these corrupted nodes are intentionally generated together with these dungeon complexes. Pretty neat if you ask me.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
He made a good point though in that the node seemed awfully conveniently placed in its own little ditch dead center, and that it was a very unusual dungeon (two spawners in one?).

@ DrEinsteinium, I have to agree with Daemonblue though, you picked a rather bad node to settle next to. As you can read in the Thaumonomicon, there are multiple node types, and this would be a corrupted one :p

I wouldn't be surprised if these corrupted nodes are intentionally generated together with these dungeon complexes. Pretty neat if you ask me.

As for the placement of the node, we can't be sure because it looks like he modified the terrain, and nodes seemingly love to spawn around "magic" generated structures such as swamp huts and pyramids. That said, Azanor could very well have modified dungeon spawning a bit as well.

Here's the swamp hut one from my earlier test world.

theshinesprites

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm this "hilly dungeon"
On my first world with this, I decided to settle in a village. I randomly found a tunnel on the side of a hill not far, and entered. Two spawners, zombie and skeleton, along with 3 chests at the bottom and 2 wisps. I didn't have goggles of revealing though, so I didn't see any node.

laton95

Jul 29, 2019
The hilly dungeon is actually generated by Thaumcraft! Look around on the main thread and see!

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
what is the seed and the cords

Just make a mystcraft world. Single Biome, Plains, Flat.

You can't miss them. They are a dime a dozen.

This also happens to go very well with Soul Shards for getting Max shards quickly for skeleton or zombies.

whyistheskyblue

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 just said something about an "EVIL NODE" in one of the vids, but in passing.

This node isn't just big, but dark and evil... do you think this might be a BAD one?
it is. if you read the thauminomicon for magic is everywhere or whatever. it says about the 3 different types of nodes and this is defiantly a evil one producing flux. i found one in my test world. did NOTHING around there to do with thaumcraft but the flux went up and wisps spawned

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
If you create nodes closer enough to each other they move towards each other until they fuse. Appparently if you make one bigger than the dark node and fuse it it should come out the victor in the fusion. The problem with this though is that the simple process of fusing nodes can create a massive amount of flux.