Any good automatic sugar cane farm?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Can't dump Forestry: Electrical engine, biogas engine, fermenter, and probably a dozen other things that seemed like buildcraft parts.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
And while the best use for Trees is biomass>Ethanol>Steam Boiler, you can do it with butterflies, which are hands off, and need no more intervention than the initial forestry leaf blocks to spawn, then do the job of bees, albeit at a slower rate.

Of course without forestry you don't need the Biogas Engine or Fermenter, because Forestry adds Biomass/Ethanol, and the Electrical Engine is replaced by Power Converters seamlessly.

However, since Shneeky has abandoned IC2 entirely, the EE or Power Converters from EU are also useless.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Can't dump Forestry: Electrical engine, biogas engine, fermenter, and probably a dozen other things that seemed like buildcraft parts.
Electric engine is only useful if you use IC2. Since I already dumped that... not so much. Biogas/fernenter... eh. Yea, it can be handy, but if you are still 1.5.x you have MFR for Biofuel and skip it all entirely.

monsted

Jul 29, 2019
Point an AE transition plane at the cane you want to harvest. Every time the section grows, the transition plane eats it.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yes they are basicly AE digital block breakers. What he is suggesting is to have the pane point at the space were the cane will grow into and it will eat it as soon as it grows dropping it into the AE network.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I think I might have had it wrong earlier; I'm not so sure a cropmatron will harvest things. Seems a little ridiculous to have to supply it with so much and it still not be quite as effective as doing it the old way.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I think I might have had it wrong earlier; I'm not so sure a cropmatron will harvest things. Seems a little ridiculous to have to supply it with so much and it still not be quite as effective as doing it the old way.
Cropmatron from IC2 only adds fertilizer hydration and weed ex to all plants in its radius. Gregtech adds an auto harvester as well as the MFR harvester.

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
MFR is probably the easiest. However, I like to watch one golem whack down the 2nd block while another picks up after him. The little guys are cute.
It's ridiculously satisfying to see golems running around doing my bidding. In a vanilla world I made a branch mine with branches on one side of the main tunnel and a minecart rail on the other with loading stations every 32 blocks. I made it so I could just dump the ores I mined into a chest to be loaded into my storage system up at my base and go straight back to mining, but I always ended up watching the minecart come down the tracks, load all the items, and scurry back off to unload them. My RedPower sorting system in Ultimate was even worse since I could see all the tagged items whizzing around to their respective pipes.

Reactions: MigukNamja
L

Lun Hangsing

The vanilla piston on the second block farm is the way to go. Just use the extra utilities Block Update Detector on the third block of the sugarcane. Just to compact it down from the vanilla bud switch.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
This is an old topic, please start a new one if you wish to discuss this.

Status
Not open for further replies.