Any editor or news on mcedit?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zandru

Jul 29, 2019
I love this modpack so much, but I'm a creative minecrafter, heavily depending on mcedit for large structures and it currently doesn't work with FTB blocks.

I'm making an alien world at the moment, that I will share eventually.
I would love to have a possibility to for example duplicate this frigate a few times, to build a nice fleet with it, but I can't.

Does anyone have any knowledge about an editor that works with FTB?

Even a chunk copier would be perfect.
Or a block replacer would work too. Since I could for example skulpt somthing from sand and then replace all sand to tin afterwards.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
There's a tool called mIDas Gold which can replace blocks of one ID with blocks of another. It works with modded blocks too.

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to see MC Edit updated to work with mod blocks again. It was great to be able to port over parts of maps to new worlds.

Reactions: Dravarden

zandru

Jul 29, 2019
Me too Spinx2k, but for now I can at least continue with the project.

For example with the frigate:

- I change all FTB blocks in the frigate to sand, stone etc with he tool
- change and duplicate everything I want in mcedit
- change the block id's back.

It's for sure not the easiest way of doing things, but it beats being totally stuck without options :)

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Yeh i don't know any phyton (Think MC edit is written in it) or have the time to work me into it. But as far as i know it is open source for some time so my hope stays that someday someone makes a mod compatible fork of it.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
That is an awesome looking ship![DOUBLEPOST=1359647069][/DOUBLEPOST]The little ship looks like it's at an angle to the larger one. It that just a perspective thing or do you have an additional mod?

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
If you download the the latest unstable pre release of mc edit , it will work with ftb , i added all the new worldgen into my world with mc edit after converting from beta-a to direwolf20 pack :)

zandru

Jul 29, 2019
That is an awesome looking ship![DOUBLEPOST=1359647069][/DOUBLEPOST]The little ship looks like it's at an angle to the larger one. It that just a perspective thing or do you have an additional mod?
Thank you :)

The little ship is a lot closer to the camera yes, it's a fighter.
The frigate holds 6 of them. And quite a few soldiers and groundtroops, 3 officers and 1 power officer. Will release the frigate soon as a teaser of things to come =)[DOUBLEPOST=1359716954][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you download the the latest unstable pre release of mc edit , it will work with ftb , i added all the new worldgen into my world with mc edit after converting from beta-a to direwolf20 pack :)
Oh seriously? Downloading right now =)

zandru

Jul 29, 2019
Still not working unfortunately.
Getting the same error as before when trying to copy paste the frigate. Hopefully they'll fix it soon

zandru

Jul 29, 2019
It's just the frigate though, I managed to copy paste other parts of the world hmmmm :)
Could very well be I used just 1 awkward block in it that mcedit cant handle yet.

Toraxa

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried using buildcraft in game to do it? It has a max size of 64x64x64, but you can copy it in chunks. Just use the architect table to make a blueprint of it, then give the blueprint and the materials to the builder and it will build a copy.

I used it to move my base from one mystcraft age to another. It had to be done in two parts, because it was too large for the landmark area, but it was a lot easier than rebuilding it by hand.

zandru

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow, I didn't know that was possible. Still quite new to FTB and figuring things out.

Thx a lot for that Toraxa :)

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
It's just the frigate though, I managed to copy paste other parts of the world hmmmm :)
Could very well be I used just 1 awkward block in it that mcedit cant handle yet.
is that block's id over 4096 by any chance?

zandru

Jul 29, 2019
Probably yes, the interior has all kinds of computers and other decoration stuff.
I'll check for those.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I think that feature just adds a flag to the chunks to tell them to regenerate. It doesn't touch the mods, but rather forge reads that flag and regenerates every included mod. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
I think that feature just adds a flag to the chunks to tell them to regenerate. It doesn't touch the mods, but rather forge reads that flag and regenerates every included mod. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
the new mcedit just marks them as a future block and leaves the id alone and then when put back into the game it still has them, thats what happened for me anyway:-D

zandru

Jul 29, 2019
After trying to get it to work for hours I just found out that the builder is disabled in the current version from buildcraft, so this test of patience continues I guess :)

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
After trying to get it to work for hours I just found out that the builder is disabled in the current version from buildcraft, so this test of patience continues I guess :)
what are the block(s) that mcedit are messing up and what exact modpack do you use from the ftb launcher

zandru

Jul 29, 2019
Too many too tell quickly. I used 100s of different blocks from probably all modpacks