Any early to mid-game "Variable Mode 'Industrial' Tools" mod out there?

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking around the mods I have in my modpack, and none of them seem to have an option that's 100% to my satisfaction, unless I'm not looking in the right place. I was playing with the Tinker's Construct mod (1.6.4), and I put a flux capacitor on a hammer (or excavator). While it mines out a 3x3 area, the RF-powered hammer is very slow in the Energetic Infuser (seems that all Tinker items are slow there), which I can accept with it being an early game mod.

I'm mostly looking for tools like the Tinker's Construct Hammer and Excavator that are either enchantable or rechargable (EU or RF). If it's RF, it has to be more than very slow 75 RF/T that the Energetic Infuser does with the Tinkers mods (flux capacitor attachment). Bonus would be switching between single block/3x3x1 block/3x3x3 block/other block sizes or other modes.

Other mods I looked at/know of -
  • Redstone Arsenal Flux-Infused Tools work in a 1x3 column. It recharges quickly, but 1x3 is the only option.
  • Ichorium Tools can work in a 5x5 area (has line, block and square mode), which is a bit bigger than what I need. (Granted, I believe they don't lose durability, but it's late/end-game)
  • IC2 Mining Lasers can do an explosive 7x7 area, but a bit chaotic.
  • Xeno's Reliquary Destruction Catalyst can do a 3x3 explosive area, exposing ores, but destroys non-ore blocks, and uses a ton of gunpowder. Ores still have to be mined manually.
  • Turtles - kind of inefficient since it does a 1x1 block at a time, but can be programmed to mine out a large 3x3 area. Also needs power (can be automated by using a solar powered turtle to sit under a block that's open to sunlight until it recharges, or even make recharging stations).
  • Arcane Bore - I know this mines a large area, but requires some setup and infrastructure that's in place.

EDIT: I found the Advanced Tools addon, which is pretty close to what I'm looking for, but it's for IC2 and it seems it's only for 1.6.4 (I'm also looking for 1.7.10 mods, too).

Last edited:

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I never felt tinkers tools were that slow in the energetic infuser. Thaumcraft's shovel of the Earthmover is a single block or 3x3 and can be enchanted with repair to keep it's durability up. It's cheap to make too. Other than that, I don't know of anything else. There's electro-magic tools, but I don't know if they have an area mode and it might be a bit more endgame than what you're looking for

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC Tinker's RF modifiers now function with TE flux capacitor tiers in 1.7.10. That means you can add high tier capacitors like the resonant capacitor and get the increased RF storage capacity. You should be capped to the flat 400k anymore. That should solve a lot of your concerns.

Edit: checked in a test world and its true. You can make TiCo tools with higher tier flux capacitors for greater energy storage in your tools. you can increase charge speed by having a more powerful infrastructure from what I tested.

Last edited:

Dr. Oshawott

Jul 29, 2019
DartCraft. Though it is pretty OP imo, incase you're trying to stay away from OP tools. But the tools in DartCraft are industrial (you can even have Fortune 4).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I always use capacitors to keep my RF tinker tools supplied with power
just use a resonant capacitor if you feel that you run out of power too fast. I never really needed to constantly recharge my resonant capacitor when using RF tinker tools...