Any decent control panels out there that isn't going to take 3hrs to install and get lost??

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Not kidding I been dying for a good control panel and the server isn't working right now (there isn't a crash log what so ever) So since the server is not working and probably just need a restart to get rolling again, I figured cause I don't know how to start/restart/stop via PUTTY. That I could just get a control panel going and do those operations via there. After about 3 hours trying to get McMyAdmin (yep I read the wiki and inputted what was required) and tried finding it in my FTP and it's isn't there anywhere! So I have no clue where it's went or if disappeared some how. (I'm going with the latter one as the thing said "can't find directory) So anyone got any suggestion of an easy to install and use up to date control panel? (if possible could you also tell me how to install it using PUTTY and/or FTP) My operating system of the server is Ubuntu Server 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" (64Bits) and technical specs of this dedicated server is 8GB, 2x1T STARTA drives, and a dual Intei 3 CPU at 3.4Ghz. Oh and make sure if you can tell me how to make sure that control panel will be using the existing MC folder in the FTP.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Three hours to install! You must have a very slow processor and download speed.

No silly not the installing itself but installing+trying to get it work. So the whole process took about 3 hours (inputting eveything, trying to trouble shoot, and etc)

Vanroden

Jul 29, 2019
Try to be a bit more clear.
1. Are you home hosting?
2. I understand your Looking for a panel. Any good panel cost money Such as Multicraft which is € 7.90 or $10.51 for 2 servers. Sadly you cant pay for just one.
3. You Mention FTP, Your Host should Tell you your FTP info, Let me know what kind of hosting service your using, or if your using a local system(Home hosting)
4. it depends on the control panel you use when it come to making sure its running the right MC/existing MC
5. You could also Install a plugin called JSONAPI <http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/jsonapi/> which can be used to connect to your server remotely, Using things such as an iphone app or other smart phones, Theres also Stuff for your Computer to connect to JSONAPI like BukkitGUI <http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/bukkitgui/> , Depending on what your running and how your running it you can use Bukkitgui Remotely with JSONAPI or locally where you just sellect the JAR so you will be able to choose the existing Minecraft.

If you need any help past this Feel Free to ask or message me

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Hold the phone. I I'm running a rented dedicated server that isn't from rip off hosts. (where else can I get 8GB dedicated server for less than 50 bucks?) I can get to the FTP and on to PUTTY fine the problem is installing a decent control panel that doesn't too much hassle to get working. (there are free ones with a usual 10 player connection cap) I will pay for one as soon I can install the free one without hassles.