Anti-Mob Solutions in the Mindcrack Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently living in the Twilight Forest, and I keep getting murdered by mosquitos every time I look away from the screen...which is kind of pathetic but ignore that for now...

I know you have Iron Golems and the MFFS npc killing upgrade, but are there any other anti-mob solutions in the Mindcrack Pack so I can alt tab in peace on my server without being pathetic-d to death?

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
A house? That is the obvious one. I know of many blocks that mobs can't spawn on, but none that keep mobs at bay (until someone adds interdiction torches back in). Portal turrets and iron golems (thaumcraft and vannila) both kill mobs and could maybe defend you, but your best bet is some good old fashioned walls

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
I "technically" have a house, but it's currently being "fumigated" to get rid of those nasty flying books and spontaneous ceiling skeletons.

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
That was my first thought. Unfortunately when there WERE wolves around, I had no bones, and now that I have bones, I can't find any wolves within about 1000 blocks of my house in any direction.

EDIT: Found wolves. The scoreboard is now at 3 Wolves vs 1 Mosquito: Mosquito kills me first, with full diamond armor.

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
Blue...twilight...powder? ._.

EDIT: If you meant transformation powder, it turns derpy pet wolves into angry, hateful wolves.

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
So apparently anything that hovers a block off the ground will only get hit by wolves(or at least, my wolves) about 1 in 10 tries by the wolf, so it can easily kill you before your wolves even land a hit...It just figures that my problems are mosquitos and flying books.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
So apparently anything that hovers a block off the ground will only get hit by wolves(or at least, my wolves) about 1 in 10 tries by the wolf, so it can easily kill you before your wolves even land a hit...It just figures that my problems are mosquitos and flying books.

Maybe dig a couple of blocks down so they're at about ground level when they go for you? :p

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
make yourself a 1x2x1 hidey closet for afking? :D

or a piston controlled lava cage?

piston suffocation hallway?

portal turrets would be nice and cheap :D

mffs already suggested... dispensers full of arrows to make a flaming death wall?

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tested this with Twilight Forest Mobs, but maybe try placing a Sentry Turret from the Portal Gun mod. There is a config for the portal gun mod which changes what the turret will kill however I don't know if mosquitoes are in it.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
If they are coming form a known direction that you can avoid.... Portal turrets.

There is a config for the portal gun mod which changes what the turret will kill however I don't know if mosquitoes are in it.

They kill wisps which are not part of their mod so I would assume they will get the bugs too.