An idea: Small kitchen sink packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
I really think we should have an official FTB pack for us 4-gigers. I don't know about you, but my computer cannot run infinity or even direwolf20, even on a server. The problem is, I want to have a good kitchen sink pack that I can play with friends on a server, but there isn't any small enough.

My proposal: Make a smaller kitchen sink pack, not as small as ftb lite 3, but not as big as direwolf20. I play a modpack I made myself with 120 mods and don't lag at all. I think ftb should make a smaller kitchen sink pack that people would host on servers so I can play with my friends.

My question: What would be in the small kitchen sink pack? Do you think ftb should do this?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This actually isn't a bad idea.

My first thought was "so trim back DW20", but that's mostly a good solution for single player. I could see plausible demand for a pack that simply showcases popular mods but draws the line at enough of them that we get down to a smaller pack size.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs, biomes and any mod with lots of worldgen cause more lag than mods that sit by the sidelines, waiting for you. Most of the 152 mods in my pack are intricate and useful for something and most dont do anything at worldgen.

So Id remove any mod that falls under that description from infinity, as well as mystcraft which has always been my nemesis. Then you can actually add more mods and not suffer much performance degradation.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
If you use predominantly curse hosted mods why not open your one up to the public.
Or at least a mod list so we can determine what makes a fast pack rather then skimping on content mods.
I have come to a point where I find biome mods pointless, and the fact that they potentially create lag cements this.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
Ftb official packs...
Trident is the only "kitchen sink " pack But it is Basel more on pvp curse has a Lot like jadedcats magic farm 3 is small and kitchen sink too But focused too much on hardcore