Ampz Mekanism recipe glitch?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BadKnightLv01

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing though Ampz modpack which I know is a third party modpack but I've been having a problem with the recipes for Mekanism, and have yet to find the answer or solution to my problem.

With almost all of the Mekanism machine's recipes, it's requiring impossible to get fire to complete the recipes. I don't have any other mods installed and I'm in v2.0.0.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I've seen a couple others have had this problem but have not found a solution.

BadKnightLv01

Jul 29, 2019
Update mekanism

And the whole pack while you're at it

I tried updating my Mekanism from v5.5.6 to v5.5.7, as well as Mekanism Generators and Mekanism tools, but now when I try to load my game after the Mojang screen it just turns grey and doesn't do anything.
So, I'm not sure what I'm missing here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I tried updating my Mekanism from v5.5.6 to v5.5.7, as well as Mekanism Generators and Mekanism tools, but now when I try to load my game after the Mojang screen it just turns grey and doesn't do anything.

Ampz is a defunct pack that basically does not work. It never worked well. I'd suggest playing a different pack that is better maintained, because Ampz was basically unplayable. I say this having tried very hard to play it.

Reactions: Pokefenn and Eyamaz

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
The mods are ages outdated. If you want to update one you'll have to update 'em all.
Alternatively, you could add all the UE mods to a pack like FTB unleashed (or the other one that i can't remember the name of). I've done that with my pack, and it was awesome.

BadKnightLv01

Jul 29, 2019
Ampz is a defunct pack that basically does not work. It never worked well. I'd suggest playing a different pack that is better maintained, because Ampz was basically unplayable. I say this having tried very hard to play it.

That's too bad, I've had my map since it was just called Universal Electricity a while back and have recently started it up again with this newest update. It is pretty buggy though, it's a shame because it's a really great map conceptually.[DOUBLEPOST=1375845370][/DOUBLEPOST]
The mods are ages outdated. If you want to update one you'll have to update 'em all.
Alternatively, you could add all the UE mods to a pack like FTB unleashed (or the other one that i can't remember the name of). I've done that with my pack, and it was awesome.

That does sound like an awesome idea :D Though I'm not sure if I could handle that broad spectrum of mod compatibility and automatic controls and what not xD Too many exploits and stuff for my taste, in Unleashed which is already way easy.

nukularpower

Jul 29, 2019
As said above, the best way to use the UE mods seems to be to just drop them into another install. It's how I do it - Alot of the stuff in the UE mods is much better balanced than the alternatives, not to mention way cooler looking, so I just don't use the alternatives from other mods. If you're playing online or lack self control, not much help though :/

It seems sort of weird to me that the UE stuff doesnt doesn't get more attention. Why do so many people talk about IC2 when Atomic Science is out there?

BadKnightLv01

Jul 29, 2019
Adding ue won't add exploits to my knowledge.

Well not quite exploits, but a lot of Mekanism stuff gets pretty powerful when you throw it in with IC2, BC, TE, and the like. Like crafting an advanced solar generator early game after your first caving run, which is equivalent to 36eu/t :D

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Well not quite exploits, but a lot of Mekanism stuff gets pretty powerful when you throw it in with IC2, BC, TE, and the like. Like crafting an advanced solar generator early game after your first caving run, which is equivalent to 36eu/t :D
I tend to use either UE or IC2 when I'm using BC, TE, and MFR. It's still powerful, but once you add both IC2 and UE to the same pack, it starts getting pretty hectic.

With inter-mod compatibilities like these, when something pops up that wasn't quite intended, it's not the easiest thing to fix. The mod authors have to figure out whose mod is at fault, why, what to change, and how that change can affect other things. For example: say the solar generator makes too much power IC2-wise, but for UE it's barely anything. That would seem to be simple, just adjust the exchange rates from kj to eu. But then that throws MFR out of whack as the conversion rates on that end still need to be updated or it's just as powerful as before.

The point is, there's often no simple fix to these problems. Take it or leave it, you don't have to abuse these oddities, but if you don't want them at all the only real option would be to not use those mods.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing though Ampz modpack which I know is a third party modpack but I've been having a problem with the recipes for Mekanism, and have yet to find the answer or solution to my problem.

With almost all of the Mekanism machine's recipes, it's requiring impossible to get fire to complete the recipes. I don't have any other mods installed and I'm in v2.0.0.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I've seen a couple others have had this problem but have not found a solution.

What do you mean, 'impossible to get fire'? Like...a fire block?

I'm running the Ampz 2.0.0 pack (with other stuff copied in...basically the opposite of what everyone else suggested), and aside from random bugs with universal cable and rotating machines, I haven't noticed any impossible recipes. It's quite likely that you're further along than I am, I guess, since I haven't had much need to progress beyond hydrogen generators for power and basic factories for ore processing (well, and a pulverizer...King Lemming Does It Better(tm) ;) ).

BadKnightLv01

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean, 'impossible to get fire'? Like...a fire block?

I'm running the Ampz 2.0.0 pack (with other stuff copied in...basically the opposite of what everyone else suggested), and aside from random bugs with universal cable and rotating machines, I haven't noticed any impossible recipes. It's quite likely that you're further along than I am, I guess, since I haven't had much need to progress beyond hydrogen generators for power and basic factories for ore processing (well, and a pulverizer...King Lemming Does It Better(tm) ;) ).

Naw, I'm talking all of the basic Mekanism machines are requiring fire. Like, fire used in chainmail, that you make with flint and steel. Lol. This is just a buggy pack, I've since switched to KerinDave's pack. :p

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
It's quite likely that you're further along than I am, I guess, since I haven't had much need to progress beyond hydrogen generators for power and basic factories for ore processing (well, and a pulverizer...King Lemming Does It Better(tm) ;) ).

Mekanism has basically the most profitable and best ore processing system you can find right now. It is faster and triples more ores more effectively than any other system. A single set of overclocked factory blocks is only limited by how much power you can give it and how much flint you can feed it.

If anything, Mekanism's system is unbalanced and a bit too strong. Upgrades should probably be much less effective for factories.

I finally got DoctorOr to understand how good they are a few days ago and I think he's oscillating between incredulity and scorn on the subject.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism has basically the most profitable and best ore processing system you can find right now. It is faster and triples more ores more effectively than any other system. A single set of overclocked factory blocks is only limited by how much power you can give it and how much flint you can feed it.

If anything, Mekanism's system is unbalanced and a bit too strong. Upgrades should probably be much less effective for factories.

I finally got DoctorOr to understand how good they are a few days ago and I think he's oscillating between incredulity and scorn on the subject.

The ore tripling is quite compelling (does it work for all ores now? The last thing I saw on the subject it was only 4 types of ores, and one of those didn't triple). I like pulverizers, however, with copper, iron, and ferrous ores specifically for the small chance of other ores. Is 2*copper and 0.1*gold better than 3* copper? Depends on how much copper and gold you have/need. I usually need gold more than copper.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that the ore tripling pipeline matches that.

BadKnightLv01 said:
Naw, I'm talking all of the basic Mekanism machines are requiring fire. Like, fire used in chainmail, that you make with flint and steel. Lol. This is just a buggy pack, I've since switched to KerinDave's pack. :p
That's ... freakin' weird. Glad I didn't see that. ;)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The ore tripling is quite compelling (does it work for all ores now? The last thing I saw on the subject it was only 4 types of ores, and one of those didn't triple). I like pulverizers, however, with copper, iron, and ferrous ores specifically for the small chance of other ores. Is 2*copper and 0.1*gold better than 3* copper? Depends on how much copper and gold you have/need. I usually need gold more than copper.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that the ore tripling pipeline matches that.

The instant you stop hand mining Mekanism wins radically. Mekanism can also do it MUCH faster. It's very hard to argue against this. There are many awesome things about Thermal Expansion's design. The pulverizer and induction furnace are probably the worst part of the mod on a variety of levels.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The instant you stop hand mining Mekanism wins radically. Mekanism can also do it MUCH faster. It's very hard to argue against this. There are many awesome things about Thermal Expansion's design. The pulverizer and induction furnace are probably the worst part of the mod on a variety of levels.

Sounds like different needs at different levels of play. Yeah, I can see that.

In what way do you view the induction furnace and pulverizer as low points of TE? I assume, based on the content of this conversation, that the lack of speed upgrades is a primary complaint?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
In what way do you view the induction furnace and pulverizer as low points of TE? I assume, based on the content of this conversation, that the lack of speed upgrades is a primary complaint?

The Pulverizer's design is a classic example of "I have one upped other modmakers by giving the player more stuff for the same amount of work. yayyy users!". The Induction Furnace is actually a way more interesting mechanic, but its returns are so marginal and so hard to automate correctly that everyone just sticks with a billion pulverizers.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The Pulverizer's design is a classic example of "I have one upped other modmakers by giving the player more stuff for the same amount of work. yayyy users!". The Induction Furnace is actually a way more interesting mechanic, but its returns are so marginal and so hard to automate correctly that everyone just sticks with a billion pulverizers.

I can see the argument for the pulverzer having merit, though I think the lack of speed upgrades is something of a balancing mechanic vs competitors.

For the induction furnace, I assume you're discussing the relative difficulty of balancing having rich slag vs not, and/or using it only with materials you'd want to use it with, or something? I mean, automating the thing is dead simple in general. That's the only thing I can figure you mean.