Am I missing something?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
So the new update came out and it asked me if I wanted to backup my config. I said yes obviously. First, it didn't back up. Now it's not doing anything when I change the config. It's still on hard mode gregtech. I'm currently staring at a wall while I try to figure out how to get some better power going. For solar panels I need an industrial blast furnace. and for that I need a compressor and a rolling machine and to run all of those I need some better power. Solar panels come to mind. So yea. Any way to change the config?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So the new update came out and it asked me if I wanted to backup my config. I said yes obviously. First, it didn't back up. Now it's not doing anything when I change the config. It's still on hard mode gregtech. I'm currently staring at a wall while I try to figure out how to get some better power going. For solar panels I need an industrial blast furnace. and for that I need a compressor and a rolling machine and to run all of those I need some better power. Solar panels come to mind. So yea. Any way to change the config?

This is why I manualy back everything up myself. I don't trust automation all that much. And it is always better to be safe then sorry.

Should be simple. Why not use Velotican's Easy Mode Gregtech Configs?

To help you so you dont have to sreach all over heres a link http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...rything-else-included.9536/page-4#post-154296

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
The macerator now has the correct recipe but i'm not sure about the solar panels. Advanced solar panels still require the Irradiant Reinforced Plate. Is the recipe just super expensive regularly or did GregTech make is that way? Also, mixed metal ingots still require a rolling machine. I know for a fact that they have an easy mode recipe without the rolling machine.

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
The macerator now has the correct recipe but i'm not sure about the solar panels. Advanced solar panels still require the Irradiant Reinforced Plate. Is the recipe just super expensive regularly or did GregTech make is that way? Also, mixed metal ingots still require a rolling machine. I know for a fact that they have an easy mode recipe without the rolling machine.
That's the default recipe, as the advanced panels are a separate mod. To change those, you will need to change the advanced solars config.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Wow really. So I need iridium for an advanced solar panel? Crazy. Well. Those i'll deal with. I just want GregTech's nasty recipes out. What about the mixed metal ingot? I know you can do it without a rolling machine.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
What you need something expensive for a power system that requires no other work then to plop down with a clear view of the sky?

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Look, i'm entitled to my opinion. I don't care what you think. I honestly don't. All I want to know is how to fix the GregTech recipes.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Look, i'm entitled to my opinion. I don't care what you think. I honestly don't. All I want to know is how to fix the GregTech recipes.

I'm fairly sure the change to advance solar this time around was done by the dev of advance solar not GT.

EDIT : A quick google turns up the Mods thread on the IC2 forums over here http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3291 And you can see this is the non GT version that shows Iridium and UU mater.

You might just have to roll back to Icefire's original mod to be honest. But not sure it would java has it has not been updated in like a year I think.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
We've already figured that out. I'm wondering about the expensive mixed metal ingots and such. That is the only expensive recipe I've noticed so far but there is probably more.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Well. If GT is such a pain you can always remove it. IC2 and Solors should work with out it.

You can also look at http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...rything-else-included.9536/page-5#post-162466 he has really good configs. You don't have to use his blanket configs but you can compare them side by side to get an idea what doing what.

And lastly you can go here http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/GregTech.cfg clicking on any of the sub items shows you a copy of what the config looks like along with a paragraph explaining what it does.