Bug Alveary Mutators in dw20 1.7

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

agroschim

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed some strange (i.e. unexpected) behaviour of the Mutator in the dw20 1.0.2. I am not 100% certain that this is a bug so I am hesitant to post this as one.

I tried breeding an Austere Bee using four Mutators stocked with Uranium Ore. After several days unsuccessfull breeding I switched to an Apiary with 3 Soul Fames an got lucky in my first attempt. This might be considered coincidence. But I also tried breeding a Jaded Bee with a Nether Star just out of curiousity, which should up the mutation chance to 100% if I am not mistaken. Needless to say it did not work otherwise I would not have opened this thread.

Any ideas or comments?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Austere bees have to be bred in a hot and aride biome. Jaded bees can only be bred when you're @Jadedcat.
NEI should be telling you these requirements.

Reactions: agroschim

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
In 1.6 I have also found issues running the Mutator with Uranium. It simply doesn't work. Could be because of the IC2E changes to Uranium perhaps. Instead I ended up using 2x Mutators with Eye of Ender instead.
Best guess is that it is an attempt somewhere to balance it all a bit, making 100% guaranteed breeding impossible(and thereby completely dodging the gameplay).

Reactions: agroschim